• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Buying Last Years Ar190

apinks

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hello All!
I have been browsing the site for a while now absorbing as much information as possible before starting my Yamaha jet boat puchasing journey. I have been sold on buying a Yamaha since last summer, but figured I'd wait until end of last season to find a decent deal on a used one. I was pretty much settled on looking for a used AR230 until the 2015 lineup came out and planned on making a boat show over winter to find a deal on the all new AR240. Unfortunately my wife has been off work for a few years due to a few surgeries and i figured she would be back to work by then, but she hasn't still. So i have decided i am going to purchse an AR190 as a starter boat for the next couple years mainly due to current budget and the fact that I can store it in my garage for winter here in Ohio. I would like to go bigger for family and friends, but the 190 will do just fine for my household for now.

To make a short story long I was wondering if anyone had previous experience purchasing last years stock on an AR190? I really only have 2 dealers close to me and between them there is only one 2014 AR190 left in stock. I thought for sure they would could down some from MSRP, but they aren't really budging. I also mentioned a couple add ons I would want such as a morring cover, bow filler cushion and the bottom rear deck padded like the 192's. He just basically kept saying we can get that for you but it is kind of expensive. He even acted like it would be a big deal to throw in the shipping cover. I really felt like they didn't even want to sell the boat. Their showroom and lot is full of 2015 models and I thought for sure they would just want to get rid of the 2014. Just not sure how to go back to them on it as I am really interested in, but was hoping for a little incentive as it is last years model.

Thanks for the time and this place is definately going to come in handy for years to come!

apinks

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome Aboard. This one is listed for $26.5. http://www.boattrader.com/listing/2014-Yamaha-AR190-NEW-102340133 Might be able to use it for leverage.
Thank you Bruce! Yeah, I had seen that one on there and thought that would be an ideal price on the 2014 they have. I told him I was ready to buy today and asked him the best price he could get me and and he said he could probably get $1,000 off. I said I am not sure I can do it for that and he said said thank you for coming in and was literally ushering me to the front door.

Anyone know if the $1,000 off offer on Yamaha's incentives page is a Yamaha discount or is that something that would be coming from the dealer? Just curious if I could stack it on top of his $1,000 of offer he made me, if I even decide to go back there. Thanks!

ShesCrafty

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
If/when you go back in, don't talk to that guy again. Find another salesman... or better, ask for the sales manager straightaway. My two cents.

CFD3Captain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Well, I am sure I know what dealer you had that experience with! They won't deal at all it seems and when I mentioned similar online deals or prices, they scoffed at it. It boils down to this. There is no competition for them here in Ohio. I called to ask them to check on the extended warranty of the used boat I found (and now own) and he said "no way was I getting the deal" and if I was, it must have something wrong with it! He did say call or stop by when/if I got it. But he pissed me off one too many times and I have decided I would rather drive great distances to Dealers other members have great things to say about.

CFD3Captain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
@GiddYupJoe might have some dealer advice as well since he's in Dayton area I believe. One thing REALLY working against you right now is the time of year :( BUT, I was buying at the end of boating season and the dealer I spoke of still didn't want to deal on a used boat. Guess what....its SILL SETTING there!

apinks

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
http://www.nielsens.com/m_vehicledetail.asp?pov=4181204

I know it's used, but I had a good experience with this dealer, and depending where you are in Ohio, it night not be too far.
Thanks, I seen this one during my searching and it actually belonged to a Member on here who was trying to sell it for that same price before trading it in on a new AR240. I think I might message him and get some details on it if he is willing.

Really on the fence at this point. I really wish I could get on the water on an AR190 to be sure it will work for me. I have a family of 5 and would at times have it at the capacity with 4 adults and 4 kids tubing and such. Really wondering how it will perform under these circumstances.

Thank you all for your responses, good info!!

CFD3Captain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
@apinks i would be willing to take you out someday if it would help you out. I am not sure when we will be coming to Indian lake (close to you right?) but the wife and I did talk about maybe trying to spend a weekend there soon.

Everyone is going to tell you buy bigger if you can and buy your second boat first but it boils down to what you can afford and what will work for you. I'd love to have a 21 or bigger but the 19' is going to work for us (2 adults 2 kids) fine. We've had 4 adults and 2 kids out on it and it performed well (I also have 192)

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
@apinks have you talked to anyone at spend-a-day? I have a connection through a buddy... Really not sure if it would help but worth a shot. I'm out of town at the moment but PM me and who knows.... Welcome and where do you plan on boating this summer?

CFD3Captain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
That's what I was hoping to hear from GiddyupJoe! That WAS NOT the dealer I was speaking of LOL.

apinks

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@apinks have you talked to anyone at spend-a-day? I have a connection through a buddy... Really not sure if it would help but worth a shot. I'm out of town at the moment but PM me and who knows.... Welcome and where do you plan on boating this summer?
I went to Spend A Day yesterday for the first time and they do not carry the 190 series, just the 192 in the 19ft class. They do have an AR240 in stock, so if I decide to take then plunge on what I really want then I think I will definitely be dealing with them rather than "The Other Guy". I appreciate the offer on the help!

Definitely plan to be out on Indian Lake quite a bit, it's just shy of an hour away and we have CJ Brown Reservoir here in town that is kind of small but can still tube and have a good time with the kids.

Chillypilot

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Have you considered a used boat. If you look around I'm sure you can find a one or two year old 190 for a good price. Lots of people seem to purchase the 190 and decide they want a bigger boat. You already realize that the 190 is not ideal but it will do for now. If you buy a used one you can probably sell it a couple of years from now for not much less than you paid for it. If you buy a new one you will sell it in a couple if years for significantly less than you paid for it. Let someone else eat the depreciation. Better still buy a used 240 for not much more than new 190. Plus when you buy used a lot of the goodies (fenders, ropes,covers,etc) are included. I picked up a 2009 SX230 a couple of years ago. $25000 It was like new with only 70 hours and if I wanted to sell it I could easily sell it for what I paid. I couldn't be happier. If you shopping on a budget consider used.

Last edited:

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
I went to Spend A Day yesterday for the first time and they do not carry the 190 series, just the 192 in the 19ft class. They do have an AR240 in stock, so if I decide to take then plunge on what I really want then I think I will definitely be dealing with them rather than "The Other Guy". I appreciate the offer on the help!

Definitely plan to be out on Indian Lake quite a bit, it's just shy of an hour away and we have CJ Brown Reservoir here in town that is kind of small but can still tube and have a good time with the kids.
Let me know if there is anyway I can help. I'm pretty familiar with Springfield as my wife grew up there.

apinks

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Have you considered a used boat. If you look around I'm sure you can find a one or two year old 190 for a good price. Lots of people seem to purchase the 190 and decide they want a bigger boat. You already realize that the 190 is not ideal but it will do for now. If you buy a used one you can probably sell it a couple of years from now for not much less than you paid for it. If you buy a new one you will sell it in a couple if years for significantly less than you paid for it. Let someone else eat the depreciation. Better still buy a used 240 for not much more than new 190. Plus when you buy used a lot of the goodies (fenders, ropes,covers,etc) are included. I picked up a 2009 SX230 a couple of years ago. $25000 It was like new with only 70 hours and if I wanted to sell it I could easily sell it for what I paid. I couldn't be happier. If you shopping on a budget consider used.
Yeah, I have been looking at used, originally about a 300 mile range out from me. I have expanded my search out a little further and have found one that I am checking on. Hopefully it works out! Thanks!

CFD3Captain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
EXPAND your search! It will be worth it! I drove to Alabama for my 192. Also, I hate doing this.....but check out the classifieds on the "other" forum. That's actually where I found mine :cool: