• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Buying my first boat

Mike sanders

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just got finance quote on a yamaha 210 ar at 9 percent 144 months payments are $480 a month on a 40k boat. I haven't signed for the boat at dealer yet but planning to at months end. My credit is at 638 what do you guys think about this deal?

Mike sanders

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Oh I'm sure I can refinance in 6 months at lower interest rate. OK now tell me...

Drift Away

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'm not the finance Guru of my family. I'll leave that business up to my wife I'm the good idea fairy I come up with good ideas she tells me if we can afford them. Bottom line is if it fits in your budget and you're happy with your boat go for it. This is your first Yamaha boat be prepared they're always add ons for the boat heroin is less addictive than Yamaha boat.

Mike sanders

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thx I was thinking I'd keep it for a good long time. I'm real big on maintenance and upkeep. I figured if I take real good care of it I'll have no problem selling it. Resale seems to be really good on these boats... got to love Japanese theology when it comes to making great products!!!!

Drift Away

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
My wife who was a loan officer said thats a good deal

captras

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Is it a new boat? Yamaha has 2.99% 1st 60 months and 4.99% the remaining 120 months. Or 0% first 12 months and 7.99% the remainder. That is on new boats though

Mike sanders

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The first lender "yamaha" wanted 15% because of my credit.

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Mike sanders
Look at Credit Unions in your area, you may be able to do a bit better.

captras

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Is it a new boat? Yamaha has 2.99% 1st 60 months and 4.99% the remaining 120 months. Or 0% first 12 months and 7.99% the remainder. That is on new boats though
Got it.....I didnt even look at the credit requirements! Yea, based on 15% from the first, sounds like your latest offer is pretty reasonable! I did the 12 month, 0%....hurts for 12 months but then I am done :)

Drift Away

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Might be the bourbon talking but by that boat get on the Bimini link register that joker get a room at the Sands amd we will see you in July lol

Mike sanders

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Appreciate you guys chiming im feeling better about moving forward on this purchase.

Drift Away

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
You will love the yamahas. As long as you take care of it do regular maintenance they're damn near Bulletproof

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Mike sanders check with some local banks / credit unions. Yamaha financing tried to pull the same crap with me when I was looking. I ended up going with BB&T at around 4.5%, but there were a couple Credit Unions with similar offers.

Good luck with your purchase!

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I almost bought a new one a year ago but found a great deal on used one and my local credit union gave me 1.9% for 5 years but since it was used the payment was less than what a new payment would be and I only had to finance 5 years. If you are not being offer Yamaha's promo rate I would not even bother buying new go used and save the money. Your interest rates will likely be the same through a local bank or credit union whether the boat is new or used.

FloJet

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Credit Unions are great places to start out. Most of the time they offer the best rates in my experiences.

jpass

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
@Mike sanders I ended up going with BB&T at around 4.5%,
That's who we went with. 5% on a used boat (4 years old) for 144 months. We triple the payments. Should have her paid off end of 2018.