• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

California boat

bucks448

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
image.jpg

Lspeedss

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Haha..

lashburn1

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I also have the CA type. But one question I have is this -

On our gauges you can pull up the fastest GPS recorded speed. Mine says 51.8 (if I recall correctly). From what I understand this was from the testing phase that Yamaha does before shipping out the boat. If that's correct how is it this boat can reach that speed with cats installed? Right now I can only get around 49 with just me and with the wind going the right way.
I had the same Boat as you..2013 242LS Calf carb , bought and used in Cal and Southwest River/lakes... It went 52 once , on still water,with 4 of us on it...(max GPS recorded)
I don't think it went that fast again....but I never cared again...

Noko

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Yamaha242lsdallas I've got the exact same thing. Top speed recorded on the gauges, 50. I haven't tried super smooth water yet but the best I get on the gauges is 46. I haven't used a GPS yet. The acceleration is still impressive and I can't really care too much about being 4-5 mph slower. I just don't run at this speed too much. With the price of gas at $3.60 or hi

Yamaha242lsdallas

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
It does not bother me that much to not be able to get to 5X MPH but my question was.. how? How did Yamaha get my boat up to that speed in the first place?

lashburn1

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
It does not bother me that much to not be able to get to 5X MPH but my question was.. how? How did Yamaha get my boat up to that speed in the first place?
We DID get our up to 52mph...but just once with 4 of us in it....Can't say I tried very hard after that....but it did do it..

Rigger

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Noko Your speed is GPS based.

Lspeedss

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yamaha testing grounds . maybe they tune them back down. It would nice to get an ex factory tech on here to help us speed freaks to manipulate a bit more out of our boats. Lol

steined

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Yamaha testing grounds . maybe they tune them back down. It would nice to get an ex factory tech on here to help us speed freaks to manipulate a bit more out of our boats. Lol
Probably 2 gallons of fuel and a 150lbs summer intern for testing :p

Lspeedss

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length