• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

CAN Communication Erro

keri21

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Good Afternoon, I'm trying to find some answers on an issue we're having with our 17’ Yamaha SX 210

Motors cranked and are running just fine but we’re getting an error than says CAN communication error and the RPM gauges are running wild. Alarm sounds after a few seconds, you can silence the alarm but it starts again.

* New Battery and still having the same issue*** I called Cycle Springs where we purchased and have had our service done and they had no clue what the error code means.

I recently spoke to a mechanic who is about 2 hours from us, his suggestions were:
"Ok so normally this can be a few issues - one could be the wiring with a communication failure I have also had bad relays or voltage regulators."

Please Advise!