• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

CAN2 Loss Engines "Error Code"

tjcarlin

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Hello all,

I re-connected my house battery after winter storage removal. When I powerd up, I received the following error message. CAN2 Loss Engines

I havent turned the engines over as I dont want to cause any damage. Any idea If this is just the wires being crossed on the battery terninals?

Attachments

Weeb

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Double check your hook up to the batteries, if all’s good just try to start it. It will probably clear the code. The code could be from no voltage while disconnected but I’m not sure.

tjcarlin

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thank you Weeb! I'll double check connections, drop her in the water and hope it resets. Just odd that I cant find that error code anywhere on Yamaha manuals or internet searches.

bigbrettb

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I just had this error message and the boat would not run. I couldn't restart it either. going to check all wiring and batteries now. connect display was acting up prior to the boat stopping after the can2 error message no depth fuel everything was error then was intermittent seemed odd then can 2 and no starting. had to be towed in,,.,., please help what to do next!?

bigbrettb

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Well it was just negative battery terminals. Damn it. Good to know it was something so simple