• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

cant find ar 250 - should i get ar 210 and sell in a year?

thedon

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I like the bigger boat, the bigger motors, the head and I love the passenger side captain seat of the AR 250. the way the market has been i might be able to get my money back out of it? I am new to boating and Im tempted to buy a wave runner and start out with that but my kids and wife would much prefer to be a passenger im sure. any one been in a similar situation?

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If you want the AR250, hold out for it. You will come across one sooner or later.

gfabry

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Where are you located?

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Just travel further to find one!

thedon

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Im in the DC area. All things being equal I would prefer to get one closer and use the dealer for repairs etc after I buy it - but im not dead set on it

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Are you talking about buying a new AR210 or used? My thought is that a lightly used AR210 wouldn't depreciate much in a year and probably the only thing you would be out is the boat taxes when you register the boat. If you buy a new AR210, I'm not convinced you would recoup all of the dealer "fees" that are being added by most dealers in this market.

Jim

TomC2021

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I like the bigger boat, the bigger motors, the head and I love the passenger side captain seat of the AR 250. the way the market has been i might be able to get my money back out of it? I am new to boating and Im tempted to buy a wave runner and start out with that but my kids and wife would much prefer to be a passenger im sure. any one been in a similar situation?
We purchased our AR 250 last year this time at Marine Max , Lake Wiley NC. Absolutely the right choice for us! We use the many waterways here in Charleston Sc.

Waterpusher

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
I wouldn’t count on the market values either, interest rates will rise along with gas and everything else. Toys become less of a priority and lose value. Get the boat you want and plan to keep it.

ripler

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I would wait, unless you feel like getting screwed by a dealer 2 years in a row

greg10

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Boat Length
buy used or get the 210. Don't waste a whole summer

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
Im in the DC area. All things being equal I would prefer to get one closer and use the dealer for repairs etc after I buy it - but im not dead set on
Was living in Northern VA last year end up getting our boat in MI.