• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Cant wait to see how this new 255 will be for surfing

Brad Dunn

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Interested how much better it will be than my currant 2016 242x for surfing. Mine works well but is a pain sometime to add extra ballest and only can surf one side with my set up.

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I agree, it will be interesting. Although I don't have my Hope's up too high. They claim the hull is designed to sit lower, I'm not sure how much. The new built in WakeBooster looks like it has a slightly sharper than the detachable version. All in all, I still think it is going to be a bit disappointing with only the stock ballast.

geohil

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Really curious why they didn't increase the ballast much? With all that storage I wonder if there is room for add on bags hidden in compartments but I bet it will be a while before someone wants to drill another hole in their $90k investment for more pumps.

Brad Dunn

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
When are these boats going to be available? can't wait to here a review especialy fron a 221 or 242 owner. I agree to have a good wave Im sure more ballest will needed

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Really curious why they didn't increase the ballast much? With all that storage I wonder if there is room for add on bags hidden in compartments but I bet it will be a while before someone wants to drill another hole in their $90k investment for more pumps.
Yamaha is notoriously conservative in many ways. The coast guard limits I doubt think will permit much more. I just don't see any internal storage that is going to put the weight in the same location as the custom transom bag, which is where it's been proven most effective on the previous models.

When are these boats going to be available? can't wait to here a review especialy fron a 221 or 242 owner. I agree to have a good wave Im sure more ballest will needed
Rumor was that they'll be the last models to reach consumers and are expected in December.