• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Canyon lake

Cbnbtx

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Anyone on here from Canyon Lake Texas? Or go to Canyon Lake.

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I love that lake! We spent 3 years going there when we lived in Schertz, TX. I always used the JBSA ramp (Randolph AFB area).

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If you are new to the lake, this map, a member here sent me, really helped a lot.
We spent a lot of time in the area where the map says Comal park, it is very deep right there and that island is a cool place to hang out, other times we spent in the cove where it says Hancock, Baja BBQ Shack at the marina right there is a really cool place to pull up to and eat.
9F71E399-90CC-4F90-B16D-B4B94DB9C9C7.png

Remington

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks for the map, we live in spring branch and will be frequenting this lake and lbj

JetPowered

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Boerne here. When we first bought the boat we lived closer to canyon than any other lake. I was one one who made that map. Fun lake, pretty busy but wide open and deep so that water is usually pretty cool. But the afternoon wind could get really brutal. Now we spend our time at LBJ.

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I couldn’t remember exactly who it was that sent me that map😁 it’s been a while.

Boerne here. When we first bought the boat we lived closer to canyon than any other lake. I was one one who made that map. Fun lake, pretty busy but wide open and deep so that water is usually pretty cool. But the afternoon wind could get really brutal. Now we spend our time at LBJ.

JetPowered

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
No worries. Only sorry we never met up when you were in the area.

Alex Miranda

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I live closer to Medina Lake but it is drying up again, less than 37% full. At Canyon there are so many ramps, which are the best to launch from that arent too steep and with a dock to load family.

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I live closer to Medina Lake but it is drying up again, less than 37% full. At Canyon there are so many ramps, which are the best to launch from that arent too steep and with a dock to load family.
I always used the JBSA Randolph ramp when we went, but of course if you don’t have access to that you can’t.
I had friends that always used ramp#1 skyline ramp. It has a dock, and is free I believe.
Potters creek has a nice ramp and dock. I’ve never used it but picked up friends there, that would be on the other side of the lake from you though.

ive never been to the crain’s mill area, looking at the map #10 has a dock, not sure if you have to pay to get to it.
#23 has a dock as well, looks like a nice ramp there. I’ve picked friends up at that one as well.

Alex Miranda

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I did see a few blogs that mentioned ramps 10 and 23, i do have access to JBSA facilities. Which JBSA ramp did you like better, my understanding is that there is more than one?

MajorBummer210

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We are from SE Houston but make the trek to Canyon about 2-3 times a year. We love it. The cove the the west of CanyonPark is awesome for anchoring chilling and swimming with family and friends. If you want a more upbeat vibe there’s always party cove with cliff jumping. More antics as the day/evening progresses but we don’t hang around for that. The Cranes Mill Park boat launch is great. Easy slope, not busy. Calm water and free or cheap enough? Then Cranes Mill Marina is right around the point. Don’t launch there. It’s expensive, but a good stop before getting on the lake. You can anchors boat in shallow water of NE side of island located in central southern part of lake and hike around on it. Would recommend this as morning activity b/c got and dry etc etc. We love Canyon.

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I did see a few blogs that mentioned ramps 10 and 23, i do have access to JBSA facilities. Which JBSA ramp did you like better, my understanding is that there is more than one?
I used the Randolph side, it has a nice wide ramp, kind of a long back up to the water but it has a nice long dock to tie up to. Nicer parking and restroom area.
It also has some nice cabins up in the woods and swim beach and such.

I used the Ft Sam side once, it’s ok, short ramp but no dock and shore line is rocky. It didn’t work well with me since I back the truck up unload the boat and pull the truck out all on my own.
Ft Sam side has some mobile homes to rent and the RV campground is nicer than the Randolph side. Ft Sam has a small store/bait shop as well.

jthackman

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
looks super nice.
i've camped at this lake (crane's mill park), but didn't tow boat.
roughly where is this on the lake?

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Anyone on here still go to Canyon lake this summer? We are back in San Antonio, 2 weeks ago was the first time on the lake this summer due to surgery and stuff. Ramps are getting slim pickings now!

Farny

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yup su
Anyone on here still go to Canyon lake this summer? We are back in San Antonio, 2 weeks ago was the first time on the lake this summer due to surgery and stuff. Ramps are getting slim pickings now!
Yup it’s super low water, only 2-3 ramps open out of the 23 total. Trees sticking up where I’ve never seen them before. Ramp mayhem as everyone’s trying to use the few. The deep areas are still great by the dam and ramp 1.IMG_7377.pngthis guy had a bad day there recently

jthackman

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
we were there mid june. it was around 12' low with like 3 ramps open.
my first time to witness the ramp mayhem everyone posts about. we used ramp #6 (were staying in crane's mill park), easy parking and launch around 8:30 on a sunday morning (but no courtesy dock, wtf)....but to retrieve at 4ish, we we're blocked in our parking spot on the ramp by a mile long line of trucks/trailers. monday was easy/breezy.
moral = avoid weekends?

Farny

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
we were there mid june. it was around 12' low with like 3 ramps open.
my first time to witness the ramp mayhem everyone posts about. we used ramp #6 (were staying in crane's mill park), easy parking and launch around 8:30 on a sunday morning (but no courtesy dock, wtf)....but to retrieve at 4ish, we we're blocked in our parking spot on the ramp by a mile long line of trucks/trailers. monday was easy/breezy.
moral = avoid weekends?
Nightmare - best kept secret is ramp 17. No courtesy dock but never as busy as 6. We love 5 when it’s open. Been over a year since it was tho. We have property out there and it’s our fav lake… but this year weve made only 3 trips to canyon. Staying closer where the lakes are 💯 full.