• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Cavitation Transom alignment question

Tim N

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hello, I have a 2013 Yamaha AR192 and first time taking off jet pump due to suspected cavitation (it picks up speed really slowly). With the pump removed I found what I have been told is cavitation burn on the impeller (see pic below) and pitting on the impeller housing so I am replacing both of these. I also used some 3m 4200 to seal everything up really nice.. but looking at the Transom plate (I think that's what its called, I noticed that it exactly lines up on the right and left side (are flush), but at the top, it is about 4mm below the water intake port (I think that's what its called) and at the bottom it is about 4 mm below as well. It seems like it should line up perfectly all the way around the circle so the water flows smoothly. I don't see any way to adjust it as it is just held in by 4 bolts into the back of the boat with now way to adjust. Is the 4mm misalignment at the top and bottom is a problem or is that alright? If it is a problem, does anyone have a recommendation on what could be done?
EditedIntakeTransom.JPG
Thanks in advance,

TimImpellerHousingPitting.jpgImpellerCavitationBurn.jpg

Last edited: