• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Cayo Costa FL

woodard1983

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
its 20 degrees and snowing here....i'm not a fan of you right now!!!!

davel501

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Ahh...to be sitting on a beach drinking wine coolers.

davel501

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

Leojay

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Where do you come out of to get to that Cayo Costa beach..Cape Coral? I have an SX 190 up here in frigid NY

Britboater

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hey @Leojay welcome, I spoke to you on the other site. Great to see you here, your information is top notch and helped me, especially your GPS install. You should repost here.

I'm based in Punta Gorda Isles, we travel down Charlotte Harbor, out through Gasparilla pass, keeping close to the north tip of Cayo Costa and inside the Johnson sholls, and head south for a short distance, basically the North western side of Cayo.

Leojay

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hey thanks for the compliment Britboater. I have to say the GPS paid for itself 10 times over on one of the last trips of the season. We organized a gathering of some fellow Yamaha boaters in the Long Island area. It was an overcast day to begin with but later in the day as we were finishing our end of Summer gathering, a fog rolled in. Fog is probably one of the worst weather conditions for a boater to encounter. It can leave you completely disoriented. You could be 50 yards from land but think your miles at sea. You can not navigate without GPS. Even with it you face the peril of another boater crashing into you. That said by following and trusting the screen on my Lowrance, we made right back to the dock without being able to see anything. It was an incredible example of technology bringing safety to our everyday lives. Here is the video trailer I made of that day just before the fog rolled in.

Britboater

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Headed out again to Cayo Monday (24th Nov) Beautiful 85degress, a little more wind from the South so expecting a little more chop. Excellent run down Charlotte Harbor, boat handled excellently with six adults.
Tried to beach on the west side of Cayo but the wind had changed to a SSW so some heavy swell onto the beach made it impossible, so we returned to the most Northerly tip where it was flat.
Beautiful day, fished too, also spotted some decent sized gator footprints in the sand :confused:.
The return journey was a different experience altogether, we were running with the wind on the home stretch but for most we were getting beat up, some big chop and cresting. The boat handled it really well for the size, nothing I've not dealt with before, but it does start me thinking about upping to a 240 (just need to beat the wife up some more ;):D, with the boat, with the boat :p).
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
image.jpg
Boca Grande lighthouse beach in the background.

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
DYNOMITE photos !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So many thanks for posting all of 'em !
Reminds me of growing up in Naples !@
Yooooooooooooooooooooo Babeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee !
Best Wishes and Happy Thanksgiving to ya ..........

Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA

SNOOPY PILGRIM - X2.jpg

Leojay

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Brit boater your my hero. Amazing photos. Love the one of you driving, how was that taken? Now to these gator prints. I would love to see pictures of that. Here on Long Island I could respond with perhaps seagull prints, but thats about it. I thought gators were fresh water, are they on Cayo Costa?

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We have gators and crocodiles in this area. Gators will venture into brackish waters during the rainy season so if you are finding prints on a salt beach, it's most likely a croc.

Britboater

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Crocs are nasty, I was taking to a keeper today and asked him about Gators on Cayo Costa and he said Gators will tolerate salt water as long as there's fresh water, which there is, a lagoon. He also mentioned Gators prefer smaller meals and are more lazy, however Crocs are the opposite :eek:, I don't like Crocs :(.
My son took that picture @Leojay he just lent out from the front.

Britboater

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ventured out today after a cold spell, warm sun but wind a little cool. British coastal boating has obviously toughened me up as the 69' temp, heavy swell and rough chop was quite acceptable ;).
image.jpg
Gator track, leading all the way to the boat :eek:
image.jpg
Decent size print!
image.jpg
image.jpg
Smoothed out on the way home up Charlotte Harbor.
image.jpg

OhioCop

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
What's the island, lagoon in naples where everyone goes?

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
What's the island, lagoon in naples where everyone goes?
Keewaydin Island. Specifically the Southern tip just North of Marco Island.