• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Censorship

Lawson2479

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have been a member since the beginning when we split from YJB. I do not post as much as I use to but continue to scan the posts. Reading the jokes today I ran across an interesting post "Racism and Healthcare in America (split from Coronavirus thread) (Closed by Bruce with Admin Consensus). I was trying to figure out why this was censored and closed instead of moved to a private forum. So now we can not have a conversation. It seemed some feelings were hurt because there was not lock step agreement and the rest of us suffered. So censorship instead of contemplating both sides of the debate. That is not the American way. I thought we were Adults and could agree to disagree with out acting like our childish government. I thought, this was something Steve would do on the other site. Not wanting to start a fight just wondering

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
It must have gone to the crapper fast and with great force. Very little gets censored around here,I was only aware of one that was a political thread that turned into a dumpster fire.

Seadeals

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The admin team is pretty awesome from both my years here and before at “the site who shall not be named“. Perhaps it is easier to draw a line in the sand to avoid controversial topics. Allowing it (in a jetboat forum of all places) would really put a lot of work and stress on them. It is strange and conflicted times, so I see how it is natural to bring things up with the friends we have here; but I also respect all the time the admins volunteer and don’t want to see them unduly burdened or the forum go up in flames from controversial banter.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Unfortunately members can't keep it on an even keel, we don't have a political forum or private space for hot topics to keep everyone focused on boating camaraderie and we don't want to babysit threads to see who's pushing the envelope and then have to moderate them,

The decision was made when the site was established not that we debate or present both sides of a topic but that we not discuss politics/religion (i actually wonder if the corona virus thread was a good idea)

This is a non-revenue site with volunteers giving their time to run it,

Lawson2479

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It is sad. I was enjoying the different perspectives especially @Betik views since he is from another country and I appreciate his opinion on the subject. Since he has seen the situation from different view points.

Canuckjetboater

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
I am very new to this site. I have been on a number forums (thousands of posts - maybe 10K) and gladly giving boating opinion to many people from around the globe for years. I receive telephone calls from many countries - in the past mostly about go-fasts and express cruisers. Now I am a jet boater! :) I have never been on a site that even approximates the quality and depth of the support software - FAQ links and supportive, ethical, friendly and awesomely funny contributors. On other forums we did run into discussions that had to be "closed". In my personal family we try to leave politics, religion and race out of general discussions (certainly at the table). Recently C19 has caused some family stress. There are two physicians in our family who have certain view points and others who differ. In Canada newspaper articles say one side-effect of C19 is family and friends disagreeing to the point of anger over C19 anger that is harming relationships (and its a frickin' virus). I certainly understand wanting to ask members on this forum their opinions of major issues of the day as forum members are those who we trust- I also have no problem limiting this type of discussion......my bottom line, as a new member, who is awed by the glorious nature of this forum would be, respectfully, don't mess it up over things we have no control over! :cool:

Last edited:

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I’ll be honest I was a part of that discussion and did NOT mind that thread being “censored” one bit. I tend to get caught up in discussions and that one had massive potential to go off the rails fast. I look at this forum as a private enterprise, which it is in reality. The owners or staff can ask me to leave or refuse service at any time if the rules are not followed, no different than if this was a restaurant or store I was patronizing. Nearly every goddamn thing is politicized these days, I’m glad this place isn’t one of them.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I see how the topic had to be closed, those are subjects which you discuss with old friends, not publicly over the internet. For me, this forum feels like a bunch of friends over a campfire and 9 out of 10 times I forget that anyone can google its contents. I will never forgive myself if jetboaters.net gets a bad wrap because some news outlets ( or other entities) take my comments out of context and spin them to make us look bad. So in that sense I am glad the admins stepped in to protect the forum. Kind of feel a bit guilty for giving a headache to them, but to quote a 2,500 year old book " I could not see Justice being slandered and not come to her aid".

To conclude I would I say that I have 100% confidence on the admins and testament to that is that this is the only forum which I am active member.