• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Changing out winshields

GeniusGio

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LX
Boat Length
Hey guys, So Im looking for ideas on changing out the windshields, and even on eBay they are just wayyyyy too much. As I was searching the net, this guy switched his with what looks to me like a thick plexiglass. What do you think? Any other ideas / Pics that you guys might have on improvised windshields?

00000_blr8V4ph4kh_600x450.jpg 00E0E_9mWxlr7bw7t_600x450.jpg 00s0s_hT7LPZ1RL71_600x450.jpg

Kathy

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
cool idea. I was thinking of making a mold and making new ones in Carbon Fiber

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
@Kathy, if you do make carbon fiber ones please keep us informed!!! That would be an awesome replacement for a lot of us

GeniusGio

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LX
Boat Length
I agree.. I would probably get 2 from you Kathy

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
The big reason the replacements are so expensive is yamaha no longer produces them, so we all have to look for NOS or used one that are still usable. Same problem as the glove box, every one I have seen is coming apart around the latch or the rivets have broken the plastic at the door hinge

GeniusGio

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LX
Boat Length
I have someone locally that my dad is really close friends with that works a lot with plexi-glass, starboard, etc.

later on this week or next, Im going to brainstorm with him to see what we can come up with.

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
I will stay tuned for updates on this thread. I see both you @GeniusGio and @Kathy are new members to the forum.
:Welcome: to both of you. You will find some fantastic information here and even more Great people.

GeniusGio

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LX
Boat Length
Thank You JC, Ive been reading up a lot in here and learned quite a bit

Kathy

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
I've learned a lot pre and post purchase. For sure if I do start to make a mold and it turns out well, will definitely share here on the board. Mainly focusing on the make it run right part, I bought the boat - no clean out plugs and other issues, leaks, etc..
I'm super glad I joined the board.