• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Chaparral 203 Docs

gwm1471

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
I am a new member here with a new-to-me 2015 Chaparral Vortex 203 with a single 250hp Rotax engine. So far this forum has been a wealth of information and I want to thank everyone on here for this. I have had stern-drive boats and this is my first jet...so far I like it.

What I am looking for is a parts catalog and (hopefully) a service manual in PDF form. I like to do all my mechanic-work myself and the owners manual is...to be nice...terrible. It's a shame to have to go to a forum like this just to get basic information that should be included in an owners manual.

Most importantly, I will be using the boat exclusively in salt water and it will be stored on a boat lift. I know I have to flush the system after every use, but getting to the flush port while on the lift just isn't possible. I have seen a couple of threads talking about installing a remote port, but I can't find the BRP part number listed and the instructions were somewhat vague. I hope to find the correct 'kit' but if not, which hose do I cut into? Also, what is the actual flush procedure? Some say to start the engine first and others say NOT to start the engine first.

Thanks to everyone on here! I am glad to have found and now part of this forum.

JetBoat195G

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 G
Boat Length
Here is a link to the “ROTAX 1503 4-TEC 150/200/250 HP Service Manual”. I can’t say for sure that this is the right service manual for you, but it might be.

https://jetboaters.net/threads/rotax-shop-manual.20184/post-555961

Here is a link to the BRP parts catalog. Select Rotax, then Rotax JPS, then you’ll need the two letter model from the label on your engine. The exploded view drawings are pretty useful.

BRP Parts Catalogs

Unfortunately, knowing the part you need, and getting the part, are two different things. You typically need to go through the boat dealer, in your case Chaparral, to get parts. Good luck and congratulations on the new boat.

gwm1471

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
Thank you very much...I really appreciate your help!

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Hello, I installed this kit (2) on my Chap. The part number is listed on top of instructions.

Attachments

gwm1471

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
Perfect...this is exactly what I was looking for! Thank You!