• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Chaparral 243 VRX review from a Yamaha owner

Heinz

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
Wonderful write up. Nice to hear thoughts on the Chaparral from a Yamaha owner. I love my 223 vr. All the positives you indicate are spot on.
Can you run the boat with one motor only,for safety reasons?

BobJohnson

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
for safety reasons, I am sure you could. The motors each have a shut off valve for the water intake on the exhaust system. You would need to close the valve for the engine not running, and then you could run with just the other engine. The valve is a simple ball valve located up high in back of the engines. Easy to reach and clearly identified.

Heinz

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
for safety reasons, I am sure you could. The motors each have a shut off valve for the water intake on the exhaust system. You would need to close the valve for the engine not running, and then you could run with just the other engine. The valve is a simple ball valve located up high in back of the engines. Easy to reach and clearly identified.
Thank you very much for answering my question.

OrangeTJ

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
That's a great little feature and shows good attention to detail. The more I hear the more I want one of these Chaps.

fishnet

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Wonderful write up. Nice to hear thoughts on the Chaparral from a Yamaha owner. I love my 223 vr. All the positives you indicate are spot on.
Hello Bob, with the benefit of more hindsight, hae you run into any trouble with Chap not having clean-outs on board? Does the Chap clog often? I am considering a used 2015 Chap purchase

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Hello Bob, with the benefit of more hindsight, hae you run into any trouble with Chap not having clean-outs on board? Does the Chap clog often? I am considering a used 2015 Chap purchase
I have a late production model 2017 223VRX so I have the 2018 options. Cosmetically the same but the superchargers were designed with the "eliminating" maintenance every 200 hours. The cats will be black compared to the older grey color.

I too came from Yamaha and I love this boat. I've owned it for several year. Maintenance is typical with all marine type engines; oil, filter, plugs. Keep in mind these boat have been discontinued but the BRP engines are the exact same in Scarabs. Engines are solid. Good luck!