• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Chaparral Vortex 223VRX Oil Change

Brainfuzz

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
I hit 25 hours on my 2016 Vortex 223 VRX my last time out on the lake which set two error messages on the display: "port engine maintenance required" and "starboard engine maintenance required". The 25 hour scheduled maintenance consists of an oil change and basic inspection, but my dealer wanted $479 (pre-tax) for this service! Two "Sea-Doo XPS 4-Stroke Synthetic Blend Oil Change Kits" from Amazon for $65 each showed up at my house a few days later. It took me and my nine year old son less than an hour to perform the 25 hour service this afternoon. The manuals that came with the boat/engines explain the process fairly well, but they do not mention how to clear the alarm code on the cockpit display.

Does anyone know how to clear the maintenance alarm codes?

I called Chaparral for this answer, but they told me to contact my dealer. Based on what my dealer wanted to charge for this service, I suspect that he will be less than friendly to help me.

Google suggested that holding "set" and "mode" for 3 seconds would solve this on scarab jet boats which use the same engines, but this did not work for me.

Any help is appreciated.