• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Charge me up!

smthng

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Hey @ChargerGuy ,

Thanks for offering up your expertise, I'm going to try to take advantage of it. :) I've got a 2008 twin engine with what I consider "a normal battery" (new). I might add another battery at some point, just because I don't want to worry about getting stranded with a single dead battery. I need to keep them healthy and happy when I'm not using the boat. What I'd like to do is plug something in to an extension cord without having to deal with alligator clips, hatches, etc. I want to park my trailer, plug it in and know it'll crank up the next time it goes out. I don't mind an initial "install" of something if needed (and am handy enough to probably manage it), but I don't want to be dragging chargers or tenders out every time I park it.

What would you recommend?

Glassman

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
He's got some really good stuff, he will hook you up!

Be sure to post up your install....I can only dream of a permanent charger install because of my storage situation. :oops:

Island Jay

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hi @smthng I am happy to help.
Two lead acid group 24 or 27 size batteries are straight forward. You would want a 2 bank waterproof unit. You can use it on one battery or two, so a bit room to grow.
Check out http://www.ebay.com/itm/161673628948
Hard wired right to the batteries. Plug in AC power, walk away, come back when you like. Charges, maintains, and conditions the batteries with no additional effort.
I knock 10% off the ebay price for JB members if I can drop you a paypal invoice.
Please email me know if I can help more.
Thank you!
Jason

mark_m

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
email sent!!

Thanks
Mark

smthng

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Email sent. Looking forward to checking out the charger. Thanks!

msavold

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@ChargerGuy ... why use a three bank charger when you only have two batteries? (Thinking about what I'll need.)

Island Jay

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
  • Because it will not effect performance of the charge.
  • It allows for future expansion
  • Cheaper than buying a 2 bank now and a 3 bank later if you upgrade. Now if you like blowing money, thats a different story.
  • most dry mounts are 3 banks anyway
thanks!

aflax24

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I am interested in a 2-3 bank charger. I have a 2009 Limited S with factory dual batt setup. What you got for me? I keep in a storage yard most of the week and pick it up Thurs or Fri for the weekend where I can plug it in at the house? Thoughts, reccomendations?

Island Jay

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@msavold If you have 2 batteries you only need a 2 bank charger. A 3 will work with 2 batteries. The advantage of a 3 bank would be if you plan on adding a 3rd battery in the future, then your charger is all set.
With waterproof chargers, the banks on the charger dictate the # of batteries. So a 2 bank charger can charge 1 or 2 batteries, but not 3.

Island Jay

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@aflax24
What are the make/models of the batteries and what 3rd battery are you considering? This tells us what charger to offer more than the boat.

thanks!
Jason

aflax24

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have to go out and take a look tomorrow. They look new so I am assuming not stock, I will get specs