• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Charging Problem

Jameson Clark

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
While riding down the lake this past weekend, I suddenly had a low voltage alarm go off. Looked down and saw one battery at 10.6v and one at 14.4v. Stopped to take a look and see what was going on. Pulled the battery cover off and found the black wire from the charge sensing block had pulled out of the eyelet connector. When I did my mod to see separate voltages on the Connext screen, I noticed that black wire was pulled pretty tight and it was on my winter list to extend it. I ended up pulling the nut off one battery and wrapping the ground back onto it as a temporary fix and that took care of it. I'll take care of the permanent fix this week.

As a side note, this is the first time I have pulled the battery cover off and I also found a very large bolt down in there. As plenty others have said, I also found loose screws, nuts, bolts, washers all through the compartments and bilge of my boat when I got it but nothing anywhere close to this size. I am REALLY curious where in the heck this came from!!!

Attachments

• Charging.jpg
    Charging.jpg
    795.3 KB · Views: 22
  • Bolt.jpg
    Bolt.jpg
    592.9 KB · Views: 22
Oh no, that holds the flux capacitor on.

Don't think that belongs to your boat. Is it stainless? They probably tossed it into your bilge just to drive you crazy. I'm sure they laugh about it at every lunch.

I would guess that the big bolt probably came from some type of hoisting setup for engine or maybe top molded half installation. I found something similar a few years ago; still haven't found where it came from!

Yeah, the bolt is not stainless but it wasn't in the bilge, it was down next to one battery under the battery cover. Very easy to grab back out of there and really strange place.

What mod did you do ? Pull the wire labeled start aux from the harness and hook it to the other battery . What battery was actually not being charged the SYS or AUX in the mod it mentioned that what reads on the screen is opposite .On your boat Is the system the start battery and the auxiliary the house battery or vice versa .

Yeah, I swapped the signal wire from one switch to the other to get actual individual readings. The "house" battery was going dead. The starting battery was getting all the charge and had much higher voltage than I had ever seen before.

Back