• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Cheap Radio Upgrade SX 195

kchfamly

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Just throwing out there my cheap stereo upgrade on my SX195. I figured no matter what I put in the salt will get it after a couple years as I live near the coast and only drive in salt water.
Radio Head: Boss MGR350B $70 I used it since it was marine and 4 channel
Pyle Marine Amp 400 watt PLMRA400 $44
I kept the speakers since they were not bad and exceeded my simple set up, but ran all new 16 AWG marine grade wire.
Its actually not bad, I can actually hear the music at speed and its day and night over the stock set up when Im parked. Of course time will tell, but not bad for the price.

Attachments

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Looks good. But what can you do with the new head unit, that you could not do with the stocker? Especially with that new of a boat?

kchfamly

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
The stock was 2 channel, the new one is 4 channel which I wanted since I was adding an amplifier.