• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Cheaper shallow water anchors

Billy Marlin

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
I have been looking at a bunch of these but can't decide what I want to go with. I looked at the power poles when I bought my boat but I don't think they will look good on a jet boat. The other thing is I will only use this when I go to Florida or occassionally in the spring for site fishing.

Stumbled across a bunch of alternatives that you just manually stick them in place and by placing it on the bow you don't need 2. Found a place I can get the fiberglass poles really cheap just shipping is $30 alone. Also looking for the right attachment like a plate under my trolling motor.

Here is just one example of what they have out there not a bad idea for someone who does not use this all that often,

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I am shocked that he did not add silicone or some other sealant to the screws he put through the transom.

Are fiberglass poles better than schedule 40 PVC pipe? If you want it stronger find some schedule 80 or metal pipe.

Is a mount really needed? I would think that anywhere those poles would hold your boat you could simply stick two pieces of PVC pipe in and tie dock lines to them.

How well does this work in windy conditions? I can't imagine that it holds very well when it is windy or the water is flowing.

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA

Billy Marlin

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Here is one that a guy on the Hull Truth forums sells on ebay.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/STICK-IT-ANCHOR-PIN-2-PIECE-10-FOOT-SYSTEM-BLACK-SHALLOW-WATER-ANCHOR-/172113159509?hash=item2812be6555:g:HycAAOSwll1Wzev9&vxp=mtr

I could use the pvc pipe but figure it would be a little big and cumbersome for what I really need this for. My iPilot trolling motor can hold me in any position that I need but for skittish fish like reds or bedding bass I need a silent easy to deploy anchor system. This needs to be something that I can easily deploy without getting into the water and from the bow of the boat.