• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Cheapest mod yet, stop engine dying, cleanout access hatch flexxing

dan144k

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
When I got my boat 5 years ago it would randomly die while docking and tubing, figured out it was the the swim deck hatch safety switches, I adjusted them and problem went away for 4 years.

A few weeks ago the swim deck hatch started giving me problems again, when people would step in the middle while the boat was running.

I was gonna add some washers under rubber piece to reduce flexing, but could not find a longer screw to accommodate the added washers in my garage.

So I moved the rubber piece over, closer to edge of the panel. No more engine turning OFF when people walk on hatch and flex it. So simple. So cheap. Thrilled it solved the engine stopping problem.

Tested last night, solved problem.

swim hatch 3.jpgswim hatch pic 2.jpg swim hatch 1.jpg

@dan144k it could be just the pic but on your last pic it looks like the port switch is a little lower than the starboard switch. I had this issue and found the top plastic retaining nut had a hairline crack in it. If I closed the hatch too hard it would push the switch down out of adjustment. You may want to look real close to see if that's happened to you. If so you can just swap the bottom retaining nut with the top one as the top nut is the one that gets the pressure from the hatch.

@Gym thanks. I will check that too.

Back