• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Check engine code 203

Rodder77

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Help !!!! Had my (new to me) 2016 242xe out yesterday - second time out (originally owner purchased the boat new in Fl) and it threw check engine code 203 as soon as I started it (nothing on the first ime out. I assume since code 203 from the shop manual is the secodary post CAT o2 sensor (the one that looks like a PIA to get to) that the boat must be California compliant (or that code would not pop up ?). Ran great just had to keep muting the alarm.

Any idea on the sensor wrench size? and would an open end wrench get it off? most auto ones are 22mm, however I saw a video online that the yamaha's maybe 17mm? thanks for the help.

I am having the same issue... would you mind sharing a picture of the location of the sensor?

I am having the same issue... would you mind sharing a picture of the location of the sensor?
i dont have a pict. of mine nor and not at my boat, however the below video shows where they are (around 3:30 min into the video) - 2 on each engine - error code 203 appears to be the tough to get to one.

Rodder77, Thank you for the information. I've replaced the pre-catalyst and I guess I have to go and do the one that is a PITA to replace.

Rodder77, Thank you for the information. I've replaced the pre-catalyst and I guess I have to go and do the one that is a PITA to replace.
glad to help! Do you by chance remeber the wrench size to get the pre-cat one off? wondering if the post-cat one (error code 203) can be taken off with an open end wrench?

HELP !! Hey, I looked at mine today for about 1hr, the secondary one is pretty easy to get to and a 17mm open end wrench worked fine - 2 min tops. However, the electrical plug connection I can't for the life of me get un connected. I have never seen a more difficult electrical plug connector, Auto/motorcycle/boat/home etc. I still cant get it disconnected. Is it magic? i tried pushing tab down, pushed them in, stuck screw driver tips in the sides (don't want to damage the good side of the plug) any hints tips etc?

HELP !! Hey, I looked at mine today for about 1hr, the secondary one is pretty easy to get to and a 17mm open end wrench worked fine - 2 min tops. However, the electrical plug connection I can't for the life of me get un connected. I have never seen a more difficult electrical plug connector, Auto/motorcycle/boat/home etc. I still cant get it disconnected. Is it magic? i tried pushing tab down, pushed them in, stuck screw driver tips in the sides (don't want to damage the good side of the plug) any hints tips etc?

Finally got it off! (i feel silly), how easy if you pull the one singel tab up the right way..UGH. O2 sensor tip is all pitted with a hole in it (not the center hole that is supposed to be there).

Back