• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Check Engine Code P0030,P0032

Chapvrx

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
hello can some one help with identifying what could be the issue , Check Engine, Port engine code :

(p0030 ECM Heater Power Stage Fault for Lambda sensor upstream of catalyst),

(p0032 ECM Heater Power Stage fault for lambda sensor upstream of catalyst-short circuit to V+)

Picked my boat up from winterization, on my first run and right away got this warning, otherwise boat runs normal. Thank You in advance for the support

smashedheadcat

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
These codes are identifying issues with the oxygen sensors. These are narrow band sensors that report if you are richer or leaner than stoich to the ecu. They use built in heaters to get up to temp, and only them, will they be considered “accurate”. It sounds like an issue with the heaters.

The good news is that these are narrow band, so they will not affect any fueling with any kind of load on the engine, so your boat should continue to run fine.

Chapvrx

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
These codes are identifying issues with the oxygen sensors. These are narrow band sensors that report if you are richer or leaner than stoich to the ecu. They use built in heaters to get up to temp, and only them, will they be considered “accurate”. It sounds like an issue with the heaters.

The good news is that these are narrow band, so they will not affect any fueling with any kind of load on the engine, so your boat should continue to run fine.
Thanks for your help, boat runs fine check engine is annoying.

can I replace this sensors myself ? What would be the part that I need #, Dealers are no help this time of the year in my area

mferrari

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Impulse
Boat Length
Pre Cat is either shorted to a 12v source of the sensor itself is bad

smashedheadcat

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Thanks for your help, boat runs fine check engine is annoying.

can I replace this sensors myself ? What would be the part that I need #, Dealers are no help this time of the year in my area
I apologize for the delay on this, but yes, you could absolutely replace the sensors yourself.

JetTech72

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
You can buy the sensor at different location:
Rotax JPS dealer : #460374
BRP Can-Am dealer : #707600872