• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Check engine light - Clearing fault codes with CanDooPro

TreeRX

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Does anyone know what fault codes 16 and 207 mean?

Can't seem to find these codes anywhere. CanDooPro doesn't provide any information, and these codes are not in the service manual either.

Backstory:
Check engine light turned on while I was winterizing the port engine last fall...Didn't bother addressing it since the alarm went off while I was fogging/flushing with antifreeze already. Forgot about this over the winter. Fast forward to spring, both engines fired up immediately with no issue. 10-15 min into the first cruise of the year, and the CEL turns on again. Aside from the alarm sounding every few minutes, nothing seems wrong. Both engines running smooth and strong.
I ended up ordering a CanDooPro to read the codes:
IMG_2927.jpeg

Shipping was really fast, but note that CanDooPro does not work with Mac. Reading and clearing the codes was easy...but I can't seem to find what codes 16 and 207 are. Can anyone help me out with them?

Also anyone familiar with the CanDooPro: Fault code 144 was detected 5 times, easy enough to get with "count" but I'm unclear with the "hours." Did the first time this fault occur at 194.1 hours, or has it been 194.1 hours since the 5th time the fault has occurred?

TreeRX

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Update:
Fault code 207 was a recurring fault, all other codes never came back after clearing. Replacing the pre-cat o2 sensor (California engines) resolved code 207. The o2 sensor is 17mm.

Last edited:

ChrisM

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
That's the first thing that came to mind was the sensor following/during your fogging.