• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Check engine Message and alarm

GPWBOATER#22

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Hey everyone looking for guidance as a new member of the jet boating community. I have a 2017 Yamaha 190 FSH. Took for a run last night and got the check engine fault on startup. Reset the code and left the marina. Boat ran totally fine and pisser was doing its thing. Then the code came on several more times so we came back in. What items should I check before running the boat again. Thanks for your help!!!

Hey everyone looking for guidance as a new member of the jet boating community. I have a 2017 Yamaha 190 FSH. Took for a run last night and got the check engine fault on startup. Reset the code and left the marina. Boat ran totally fine and pisser was doing its thing. Then the code came on several more times so we came back in. What items should I check before running the boat again. Thanks for your help!!!

Something similar happened to me last week. After consulting my dealer's service department over the phone, we determined it was a bad O2 Sensor as seen in the YDIS Error Code in the pic below. They said, it's an easy fix and a common issue. Additionally, they stated it was safe to operate the boat until replaced.

IMG_2123.jpeg

Ok thanks..is changing an O2 sensor a DIY project or dealer only? Just wondering..

Ok thanks..is changing an O2 sensor a DIY project or dealer only? Just wondering..

He told me it can easily done DYI and that it’s plug and play. They just need to order the part and when I pick up they would show me how to do it.

He told me it can easily done DYI and that it’s plug and play. They just need to order the part and when I pick up they would show me how to do it.
So checked all the codes today and nothing came up. The boat ran fine and no check engine alerts or alarms… go figure…

Back