• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Check Engine when starting 2nd engine

kamikazejoshua

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We have a 2011 AR240 that we've owned for three years. No problems with it really up until a couple of weeks ago. Sometime when we start the boat, we get a check engine light that blinks on the screen beneath the speedometer. This only happens when one motor is already running and started successfully. We usually start the port engine first and then the starboard. The second motor sounds like it is running kind of rough when the check engine light is on. Also, the RPM is stuck at 1000 and stays that way even when giving it some throttle.
We have so far been able to get the 2nd engine running normally by turning the key off and letting it sit until the little screen on the speedometer turns dark and the check engine is gone. This can take a couple of attempts though to get it running correctly. And the motor seems fine with no rough noise to it.
This whole ordeal doesn't happen everytime however. And I believe it has happened to both engines.
I have brought the battery to an auto parts store to test it and it had more than enough cranking amps. It still did it even when topping off the battery on a charger.
Any ideas on anything I can look for to help fix this problem?
Thanks

Last edited:

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I would find a YDS system and hook it up. Your engine is throwing a code. You need to find out what code. Probably a sensor...

If you update your profile with your location, there may be a member nearby with one who would lend it to you...

GuyWDxb

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I have the same issue, initially thought it to be battery related. Any solution / ideas?

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Especially if they are stock batteries in a 2014 in the heat of Dubai. Load test the battery (in the States the auto parts stores will do it for free for you--not sure about Dubai...).