• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Chicago Loop Cruise 2014 - April 26, 2104

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The Chicago Loop Cruise is scheduled for April 26, 2014. This event symbolizes the start of boating season for me and the hundreds that attend. Each year anywhere from 4 to 8 Yamahas participate in this wonderful event that usually has somewhere between 50 - 80 boats total. If you are in the Chicago area consider attending. You can find out all you need to know by going to http://www.chicagoloopcruise.com. See ya there!

upperdeck

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Wish I could go again, it's a blast! But alas, we have a scout camping trip that weekend...

Sheboat

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Malibu
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
We are planning to go again this year, can't wait for that first run of the year. 20130427_145411.jpg

JCampbell

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I hope we can go this year. That is my only weekend off in April. Now the million dollar question is when can I get the boat out of storage?

robbo3

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Wish I could go again, it's a blast! But alas, we have a scout camping trip that weekend...
I would like to take that cruise one of these years, the spring always seems to conflict with something. We have a camp the same weekend up at Long Lake.

upperdeck

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I would like to take that cruise one of these years, the spring always seems to conflict with something. We have a camp the same weekend up at Long Lake.
That is where we will be!

robbo3

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

upperdeck

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Get outta here! My son is in troop 71! He started last month!

robbo3

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That's awesome. My son joined last year, we're happy with the group of people in this troop.

Volffas

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That sounds like a fun trip. Be sure to post lots of pictures!!!

Skysurfer2010

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Chicago is one of my favorite cities to travel to! I've always thought it would be awesome to boat there (although way too short of a season!!). Have fun and post pics!

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Who are you guys kidding, it's probably going to snow!
I may make it out on the water by then, but probably just test runs on my small lake. I have been doing some out of town traveling and it looks like work will have me doing that for most of April and May, so I doubt it. One of the jobs is up on the North side of Chicago, but we work 12+ hour days with no breaks when we do this stuff and I drive our big truck, like 32' overall I believe, so my mobility is a little limited.
We usually do the Loop ourselves with my in-laws at least once in the year though.

upperdeck

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Chicago is a peculiar thing by boat. The scenery once downtown is spectacular. The locks are probably interesting, but they skipped it the year I went. But the odd thing is that there is almost NOWHERE to stop and get a bite to eat. There are no slips to speak of on the river. Perhaps inside the breakwall is different, we didn't get that far due to weather.

I compare this to my hometown of milwaukee. The scenery is also awesome, but not quite as spectacular as Chicago. But, there are at least a dozen bars and restaraunts with slips on the river to visit. Many are extremely popular. It is easier to bar hop from the boat/river than it is by car or cab.

The huge number of boats is pretty cool on the loop cruise though!

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Chicago is a peculiar thing by boat. The scenery once downtown is spectacular. The locks are probably interesting, but they skipped it the year I went. But the odd thing is that there is almost NOWHERE to stop and get a bite to eat. There are no slips to speak of on the river. Perhaps inside the breakwall is different, we didn't get that far due to weather.

I compare this to my hometown of milwaukee. The scenery is also awesome, but not quite as spectacular as Chicago. But, there are at least a dozen bars and restaraunts with slips on the river to visit. Many are extremely popular. It is easier to bar hop from the boat/river than it is by car or cab.

The huge number of boats is pretty cool on the loop cruise though!
You should organize a Milwaukee River Hop event. That sounds cool. I have heard that before, but never made it up there.

upperdeck

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I have considered this, but while there is always dock space for a few boats, it wouldn't accommodate a dozen. It would be a blast though!

upperdeck

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Yes, McKinley. Ride is slightly longer to enjoy, more/wider ramps, easier and more secure parking.

Hit me up some time, I'll show you around!

robbo3

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yes, McKinley. Ride is slightly longer to enjoy, more/wider ramps, easier and more secure parking.

Hit me up some time, I'll show you around!
I'd be in on a Downtown Milwaukee trip, have never gotten around to it.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Heck yeah, we should do a resteraunt/bar crawl via boat! lol, or maybe just meet somewhere once!

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
So far Sheboat and I are the only Yamahas that are signed up. I know that @007, @trace and @JCampbell, @buckbuck1 will not be bringing their boat and riding with me, but I anticipated more Yamahas. Who else is in, but not registered yet?