• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Chinese restaurant found with roadkill

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Although it is a funny story it is very possible that the owners or employees did not want the meat to be wasted so they butchered it to take home. I know several people who have taken fresh road kill deer for meat. I believe some states have programs to give fresh road kill deer to charities.

jlcj7

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
awesome, right down the road from me...

I'm sure we have all eaten worse without knowing before

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Bruce I actually agree. About two months ago I hit a deer driving back from Greenville SC on a small country road. Several people stopped a few different times to make sure I was ok and a few of them went looking for the deer and I'm sure that if one of them would have found it they would have taken it atleast that's the impression I got. When the saw my car they got excited by the amount of damage as it indicated to them it was a large deer damage was almost $8000 to repair.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@robert843, wow that is a lot of damage! What were you driving?

One day I made a quick run to my Grandmothers farm to check on her when she was not answering the phone. Fortunately she was fine. On the way home I was in our Porsche with the top down enjoying a series of tight turns when a deer decided to cross the road in front of me. It made it to the center line then turned around and crossed the lane I was in again. I was already driving at 9/10ths for the narrow two lane chip and seal road that I was on. I must have executed a series of moves that would have looked great at an autocross because somehow that deer did not end up in the car with me.

Another fun story is that my youngest Brother (driving) and Father (passenger) accidentally hit a buck deer with his truck on the way to go deer hunting one morning. The deer flew over the single cab of the truck and landed in the truck bed. They stopped and got out to see what they had. Unfortunately the deer jumped out of the truck bed and ran away.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It was my work car which is a 2012 Toyota Prius.

Attachments