• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Cipa mirror owners beware

Sean R

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Just giving Cipa mirror owners a heads up. Last week my family and I traveled 75 miles with our beautiful 212S. During transit the adhesive that attaches the mirror to the mirror bracket failed, meaning the mirror fell off. Not the whole assembly just the mirror itself. I did have the cover on the boat and the mirror assy was in the down position during transit, it was a warm day but not a 90 plus N.Georgia day. When we went to launch the boat my wife stepped on the mirror and broke a corner off. Fortunately my wife didn't cut herself and we had some large rubber bands, stuck the mirror back up and it held for the rest of out vacation. Just wanted to give our a warning dont want anyone cutting there feet up. I did remove the helm mate and shoke the glass/mirror shards off, not on the lauch on some rocks.
20210701_091904.jpg

Just giving Cipa mirror owners a heads up. Last week my family and I traveled 75 miles with our beautiful 212S. During transit the adhesive that attaches the mirror to the mirror bracket failed, meaning the mirror fell off. Not the whole assembly just the mirror itself. I did have the cover on the boat and the mirror assy was in the down position during transit, it was a warm day but not a 90 plus N.Georgia day. When we went to launch the boat my wife stepped on the mirror and broke a corner off. Fortunately my wife didn't cut herself and we had some large rubber bands, stuck the mirror back up and it held for the rest of out vacation. Just wanted to give our a warning dont want anyone cutting there feet up. I did remove the helm mate and shoke the glass/mirror shards off, not on the lauch on some rocks.
View attachment 155392
Thanks for the heads up! Same boat, same mirror here. Are they replacing it for you?

View attachment 155392

Which model is that?

My wife bought it last Oct didn't give it to me till Christmas, no receipt. I might try calling (if I can find a number to call) and see if my Midwestern charm can get me anywhere. It's a CIPA 01609 Black 180 degree, I really liked it.

Thanks for the heads up, I'll have mine in Utah next month so it'll probably be worth wrapping some painters tape around it to hold it in place in case that happens on the trip down.

Same exact one I have and Like it a lot as well. Been recommending when asked. I got mine on May 7th of last year and have not any issue's. Perhaps yours was an isolated incident. I would contact the MFG and work the replacement. They do a lot of work not just for marine but other sports as well as automotive.

Thanks for the Heads Up, now it will always be watched!

CIPA :: Home (cipausa.com)

Parts Vision 180 Degree Boat Mirror|69992|10501- CIPA USA

Last edited:
Same exact one I have and Like it a lot as well. Been recommending when asked. I got mine on May 7th of last year and have not any issue's. Perhaps yours was an isolated incident. I would contact the MFG and work the replacement. They do a lot of work not just for marine but other sports as well as automotive.

CIPA :: Home (cipausa.com)

Parts Vision 180 Degree Boat Mirror|69992|10501- CIPA USA
Just like my Stolz roller, Ark Jack and mirror. I got all that from your recommendation I just can't keep up with the rest, yet. Trim tabs are next on my wish list.

If I were to show you my Credit Card Statements you would black out....... :)

Yeah I would call the MFG and work with them, I will bet they help you out. Let me know.

If I were to show you my Credit Card Statements you would black out....... :)

Yeah I would call the MFG and work with them, I will bet they help you out. Let me know.
Amen to that. I have boxes of mods in my garage waiting to be installed. This forum is great, but costing me a lot of dough, and I still want to do the tabs. I will be drilling holes for my Fume Alarm, High Water Alarm, and Quick Connect fender cleats. This after I add bus bars and fuse blocks near the batteries and the helm. Then I'll grow a pair and do the tabs. I'm sure this is chump change compared to your mods. I paid my CC's off, so there's that.

The same thing happened to me. Installed the mirror and used it for one weekend, then folded it down and put the cover on the boat. Came back next weekend to glass shards all over the deck and a nice gash in the seadek. Luckily I am still in the return window and just returned it yesterday. You would think for the price they would use something a little better than four pieces of two-sided tape.

That is what I was thinking. I have no issues with mine and it gets rough on some of the water we are on as well as some bumpy roads.

Same exact mirror - same issue last year. 2 years and fell down. Don’t stow it facing down - as adhesive must be defective or poorly applied. However - it is such a good mirror that i bought another and stow it carefully When not using it.

Same exact mirror - same issue last year. 2 years and fell down. Don’t stow it facing down - as adhesive must be defective or poorly applied. However - it is such a good mirror that i bought another and stow it carefully When not using it.
So do you take it apart before storing it? Seems like a PITA to do when all other mirrors store in the down position.

2 years in (I think) my CIPA Vision 180 did the same thing. I uncovered the boat to find the mirror/glass on the floor. Went to Lowes and bought some Gorilla mounting tape and reinstalled it. No issue since. I love the mirror otherwise. I would have been upset if it had shattered...

Looks like a preemptive remove and retape is in order here, not to mention leaving the thing in the downward position in 100+ degree boat may not be the best move

I feel better i am not the only one. It is a good mirror ar that price point.

Has anyone had issues with their mirror falling to the down position when hitting wake? I have the clamp down but the arm is still loose enough to pivot with only a little force.

Has anyone had issues with their mirror falling to the down position when hitting wake? I have the clamp down but the arm is still loose enough to pivot with only a little force.
Yes, there's a tension screw that can be adjusted. I adjusted it once a couple seasons ago, but I need to do it again. The wind has been enough to push it down when under way.

Back