• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Circuit Buttons NOT Turning On...???

• Thread starter Thread starter No_Longer_Active_User
  • Start date Start date
N

No_Longer_Active_User

Ok so I got the boat back on Thursday and took it out today....switch box and trigger have been replaced and boat ran well....BUT when I went to turn on the engine fan and the bilge pump...I got NOTHING.....none of the buttons are working....I will look in where the battery is located to see if there is any extra wires that came loose .... All was working last week... Maybe just a fuse?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi @No_Longer_Active_User. Glad to see you're back on the water. In our boats we have an accessory fuse that controls all of that. It is near the battery in our boats. It may be in a small box mounted near the battery. It could also be a wire not reconnected back to the battery as you suggest but definitely sounds like a simple power issue. Keep us in the loop. A call to your mechanic that did the work might help if you can't find the issue.

I agree with @Gym I don't know how the Sugar Sands boats are wired but it sounds like something didn't get hooked back up. So check the area that was worked on. Probably a disconnected wire in the switch or battery area.

@No_Longer_Active_User. How are you making out with your boat / power issue?

@laura. How are you making out with your boat / power issue?
@Gym...hey u...boat is running well, engine fires right up ...replacing the switch box & trigger seems to have done the trick. That being said, My son wants a fishing boat so I am selling the Tango as is for $4000.00 so if u know anyone please let me know :)

Son getting a nice Yamaha jet fishing boat? :)

@Gym...hey u...boat is running well, engine fires right up ...replacing the switch box & trigger seems to have done the trick. That being said, apparently the distribution panel /fuse panel needs replacing as there is no charge/power going to the console buttons ( fan, lights, horn). My son wants a fishing boat so I am selling the Tango as is for $4000.00 so if u know anyone please let me know :)
It sounds like a good project boat but sorry to hear you're selling it. Wish I was closer as I wouldn't think it's the entire panel but I respect your decision. Hope you stick around and maybe get another boat. Maybe a Yamaha??? At least then we would be able to offer you a huge knowledge base of help and information.

@No_Longer_Active_User. How are you making out with your boat / power issue?
Boat and engine r running well.....replacing the shift box and trigger did the trick...enjoying the boat until we sell it for a fishing boat! :)

Back