• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Clamp for water towing question redux

Eldonfredo

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
I swear on my wake tower I’ve read every thread on this topic. I am slow I guess.

2022 195s.

I’m mostly confused because the “y” clamp most posts reference I cannot see or find. So the images show my best guess. I marked the hose I think I should clamp with orange tape. One picture is wide view top down for context, the second image is slightly more zoomed in to prove there is no “ y “ clamp. Or there is and I’m a lunkhead.

Attachments

• 57B80AB3-4E6A-4FA4-BF74-35A52E6DD24D.jpeg
    57B80AB3-4E6A-4FA4-BF74-35A52E6DD24D.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 89
  • 83ADE4BE-4165-415C-92FF-3080C0F7A5EF.jpeg
    83ADE4BE-4165-415C-92FF-3080C0F7A5EF.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 88
Following

The "y" is a fitting, not a clamp, that splits the water intake to the engine. One branch of the Y is from the hose connection (red hose) to run on the garden hose and the other is from the jetpump water inlet screen. The clamp part is where to clamp that water line or install a shut off valve if you are ever towed at greater than 5 mph. That orange tape you put on the hose is not the hose to clamp unless the design has changed. This is it. I marked with orange where hose clamp pliers or tow valve would be installed.

20230120_064353.jpg

Last edited:
The hose you marked in orange IS the correct hose... The "y" fitting you are looking for is in the area behind that wall/under the clean out hatch area. The new models have the flush port in the back of the boat instead of inside the cockpit so you very rarely see the fitting inside the engine compartment anymore.

also,
if you're installing a clamp for emergency towing, you can do it at the orange tape, anywhere before the cooling water enters a component,

if you're installing clamps for flushing and want to direct all water into the engine, install the clamp on the raw water intake line from the jet before it connects to the Y fitting, if you flush without a clamp you loose a lot of hose water that backflows out the inlet at the jet,

if you're installing clamps for flushing and want to direct all water into the engine, install the clamp on the raw water intake line from the jet before it connects to the Y fitting, if you flush without a clamp you loose a lot of hose water that backflows out the inlet at the jet,

This is the best option if you are going to go through the trouble. It also allows you to flush while on the water without contamination of salt water.

Back