• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Clarion - backlights on knobs

OnTheWater

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
We were out all day on the 4th and when I put the boat away in the slip and shut everything down, the backlights on the left and right knobs of the Clarion (CMD8, I believe) both stayed on. Stereo was off, turned it back on and then off again, but lights still stayed on. I didn't worry much about it, since I keep it plugged in while in slip, but in hindsight, I should have turned off the battery switches for a minute to see if the light went out.

Thoughts?

Thanks,

Tim

I don't know about that particular unit, but I do know that some lights stay on for just a bit after power has been cut. The lights, after the power is cut, still have some "juice" left in them. The lights stay on for just a bit to "drain" that "juice".

I don't know about that particular unit, but I do know that some lights stay on for just a bit after power has been cut. The lights, after the power is cut, still have some "juice" left in them. The lights stay on for just a bit to "drain" that "juice".
Thanks Travis - maybe that's it. I'll crawl under the cover 1st thing next time I'm out and see if they're off now. Sounds like an urgent reason to get out to the boat on a 95 degree day ;-)

Sure, no problem! I don't know if what I was saying is what is going on in your case or not though.

95 degrees sounds like 95 reasons to be out enjoying your boat to me :winkingthumbsup"

I noticed that the button backlights on the transom remote for the JBL HU were on after everything was turned off...but the battery was still hot. Not sure if they are just light sensitive and glow or if they are powered. Not in the manual.

Back