• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Clean out hatch lock assembly

Nous Defions

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Here I thought I was a cleaning freak after each use. I did not realize the the clean out hatch assembly is made for fresh water only and did not pay much attention to them. One snapped, luckily back at home and not in an emergency cleanout on the water, had to remove the hinges to get in. Anyway I searched and did not immediately find a suitable substitute. I need some new ones (stainless), any help pointing me in the right direction would be appreciated.
1034181566346351046.png

Looks like the exact ones I have. Been using them in salt water for 8 years with no issues. I believe they are Attwood or Perko latches. Try Amazon

The ones pictured above are the ones that come stock on my boat. They specifically say they are freshwater only. I only boat in saltwater. The originals lasted a while but I'm looking for a stainless steel option, before I spend another $85 for the Whitecaps.

I just googled and came up with a bunch of stuff. You will have to confirm sizes/fit and may not be a "T" handle.

Screenshot_20190821-080303_Chrome.jpg

T handle style here

Last edited:
It's the chrome plated zinc alloy I'd like to stay away from

Has anyone used the slam latch on these I hate those t handles especially if you have the seat pad

How difficult is it to unscrew these T-Handles to replace them? Both cams on mine broke and I need to replace them. And tips to replace them would be helpful also. I ordered mine from boats.net. They cost me $33/lock

Make sure they are the same size and type that Yamaha uses. Get some tongue and groove/channel lock type pliers, take off the backing nut, pop the handle out. Reverse process to install, set cam depth and orientation to suit your needs.

I ordered some from amazon and they didn't fit. But they would work on the ski locker, can't remember the exact fit issue but do remember looking for them after I tried to get them to work and none that amazon had would match up. So I used the one from the ski locker on the rear clean out hatch and the one from Amazon on the ski locker. Please post if you found one that fits. I do remember swapping the cam lock tab off the failed one as well and was amazed that the set screw released with all the corrosion. For some reason it was needed.

I have one for sale off of a 2017 a4 240. $20 plus actual shipping.

Back