• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Clean Out Port Question

nyfan78

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
We just picked up a 2016 FSH 190. I heard that the clean out port should be removed during storage. Is this true?

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Not sure if the 2016 has the new style twist lock ones or the old push button ones. I have the twist lock, and I generally take them out when I come off the water, them put them back in when I get back to the water next trip. The diameter of the plugs is perfect so I can lay them over the tubes, and the hatch shuts and latches holding them there so they don't bounce around. If you have the push button ones DEFINITELY take them out as I hear they swell in place and become impossible to remove.

Inthrustwetrust

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ya remove them when not in use. I lock them in while trailering just in case. My dealer advised me one of their most common issues is people leaving them locked in. Over time the water/heat/elements causes the rubber to expand in the port locking them in place. Super easy preventive mx, a little grease or silicone spray lube occasionally keeps them nice and easy to pop in/out.

nyfan78

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Ya remove them when not in use. I lock them in while trailering just in case. My dealer advised me one of their most common issues is people leaving them locked in. Over time the water/heat/elements causes the rubber to expand in the port locking them in place. Super easy preventive mx, a little grease or silicone spray lube occasionally keeps them nice and easy to pop in/out.
so spray yamalube on the sides of them?

Inthrustwetrust

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
so spray yamalube on the sides of them?
It’s what I do, it does the job without getting messy. I also boat in only salt water, so I spray everything down that moves every couple outings. At my 10 hr service the dealer slathered them in some sort of blue/green grease, assuming marine grease. It made a absolute mess everytime I pulled them out and set them down to rinse everything out. I’m pretty anal about keeping everything clean.

Frank Marshall

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I haven't lubricated my since I got the boat. Take them out every time though. Mostly fresh water, some salt.

Tailwaters

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I sprayed silicone on mine from time to time on my 2016. And yes those are the push in style with the push button release.

Pauly

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I can take these out while I’m in a public slip? Dealer said people were stealing them. Possible Atwood lock ? Please advise

moosenumerotres

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
We just picked up a 2016 FSH 190. I heard that the clean out port should be removed during storage. Is this true?
Yes remove them. I also use a pool seal lube.

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I can take these out while I’m in a public slip? Dealer said people were stealing them. Possible Atwood lock ? Please advise
When wetslipping I would remove mine, wipe them down to remove debris and reinstall. I had a broken cleanout hatch handle so I replaced it with one that locks with a key in case I ever felt like it would be an issue with someone stealing them.
1624287307562.png

Pauly

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
When wetslipping I would remove mine, wipe them down to remove debris and reinstall. I had a broken cleanout hatch handle so I replaced it with one that locks with a key in case I ever felt like it would be an issue with someone stealing them.
View attachment 154194
Thanks will replace!