• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Clean Out Port

wildtwins

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Hello all, happy Monday,
Yesterday we took our 255xd out for the first trip of the season. The water on the river is still high and I got some debris in the STBD jet right away. I was able to work it out, by using the clean out port. At the end of the day, I caught some more debris. This time I can't get it out. It feels like something rubber, but just cant get it out. Does anyone know of any tricks or techniques to get something out, that is lodged in there? Is there a tool of some kind that can be used to chip away at it? I am hoping I can figure this out, without taking the boat out of the slip. Thank you.

sunbyrned

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I feel your pain as I’m on the river as well. I’ve learned to recognize the sound when debris gets in there. You will too. At that point, I try to work it out by putting her in reverse, then forward, then reverse, etc. I usually have good success. You might give that a try. I’ve also learned to shut the engines off anytime I have to stop to take the bumpers off or whatever. Running idle or slow is usually when it occurs since the boat is not pushing debris away. I hope this helps. Keep us posted. If you have to take it out of the slip, it’s an easy fix. I can send you a video on how to do that if you like.

Last edited:

wildtwins

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Thank you Sunbyrned, I appreciate the insight. I will try what you suggested. Also, both times when this happened yesterday, it was at no wake speed and I was making a very slow maneuver to fight current, so it's in-line with what you are describing.

wildtwins

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
I got the issue figured out. @sunbyrned, it was a bottle cap and a dog poop plastic bag. Thanks for the assistance.

sunbyrned

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Glad to help. It sucks that’s what’s in your river. Wish it had been a stick. Did you have to take her out of the water to get to it?

wildtwins

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
@sunbyrned I was able to get the pop cap out, with the the boat in the water. It took a bit, but finally it popped out. Took it out twice this weekend and got something caught in it again, but used the method you described above and it spit it out. I feel like a pro now. :cool:

sunbyrned

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
@sunbyrned I was able to get the pop cap out, with the the boat in the water. It took a bit, but finally it popped out. Took it out twice this weekend and got something caught in it again, but used the method you described above and it spit it out. I feel like a pro now. :cool:
Beautiful! It’s a great relief to hear those engines purr after that process. Glad it worked. Thanks for the update. It happened to me just last night. It’s embarrassing because people who don’t know jet boats wonder what the hell you’re doing. Ha!

wildtwins

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
@sunbyrned funny you say that... I got a lot of weird looks and even the passengers on my boat questioned what I was doing and whether or not it would work. I got the last laugh.