• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Cleaning carpet on ar192

xedelatorre

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hey guys, i've been reading a lot of post about cleanin the exterior of the boat and seats, however, I've seen little advise about cleaning the carpet. As you all know, oftentimes in boating you will have guests on your boat and so I'm looking for technique or products to clean the carpet after use. Last weekend I counted about 16 different people boarding my boat as we were tied in with others.

Will greatly appreciate your advise!

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Are you having a lot of dirt, mud, sand, etc brought in by your guests?

Best rule to have everyone follow which will help keep your boat looking great...

If their bare feet are dirty from the ground or sea bottom, have them rinse their feet in the water before entering the boat.

I didn't have my carpet but a few months before switching to full SeaDek but when I did clean the carpet it was just with car wash soap solution, scrub brush, pressure washer w/ 45° nozzle, vacuum and hang to dry for a day.

Last edited:

d_coyne1984

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I hang dry them and then vacuum them after a weekend of heavy use. Once and a while I use my carpet shampooer on them. This is the 4th season on my carpet and they still look pretty good. I will just leave them out though if I know I am just going out for a wakeboarding run just because they are kind of a bitch to get dry. I will replace with Seadek once they die, but why fix what's not broken.

Midnight2V

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I clean my carpet sections the same way I clean my car floor mats, with the exception of using lower pressure. I snap my carpet out, hang it up, vacuum it off, then do some low-to-medium pressure washing on it at the local car wash using the wash and rinse settings. Then I let them dry in the sun once I get to the house. They look and smell brand new every time. I do this at the same time as washing the rest of the boat.

Wake Turbulence

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I spray with carpet cleaner and power wash them when they get dirty and hang them to dry. Usually twice a season. The boat is a 2014 and carpet still looks good. I'll upgrade to seadek when it doesn't look good anymore but couldn't rationalize throwing away good carpet.

scokill

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I don't allow feet on my boat....

blacksapphirez

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
how to keep carpet clean.

get rid of them and install sea dek

LoL

xedelatorre

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hey thanks a lot guys, it's a simple subject, yet often overlooked for its "simplicity". I will wait until my carpet is in bad shape until upgrading to the sea dek

Jilly Ruby Jane

Reaction score
Boat Make
Bayliner
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
Cleaning and regular maintenance of your boat's floor mats is essential. I use carpet cleaner so I can clean it. Ultimate Carpet Clean & Protect by Star brite, it removes stains and odors very well. Highly recommend!