• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Cleaning Marine Mat

Nexus

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
Anybody have any tips/suggestions on cleaning the snap-in marine mats? And/or the swim platform mat?

Scarabscott

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
Mfg says Spray Nine

Jilly Ruby Jane

Reaction score
Boat Make
Bayliner
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
Star brite carpet clean. Phenomenal cleaner. I needed to remove spilt steering fluid on my boat carpet and all other cleaners and solvents failed. One treatment with this and you hardly notice the stain.

Last edited:

rutheree

REJECTED / BANNED
REJECTED / BANNED
Reaction score
Boat Make
Jetcraft
Year
Boat Model
Jet Ski
Boat Length
I've been struggling with this for half a year.

Jorgy11

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I find that using Totally Awesome from the dollar store works best!
Mildew and the like come right off, upholstery and boat covers are where it shines.

Works great on other stains as well. Mix to your needed strength.

TN_seamonkey

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
I'd like to chime in with my experience as well. I just used the Star Brite Carpet Clean to remove some stains on my Marine Mat caused by setting the clean out plug on it and staining it with silicone lube. I tried a couple other things, but Star Brite is the only thing that got rid of the stain 100%. In fact, it made the Marine Mat so clean in that spot, I was compelled to put it on the entire section so it would all be sparkling clean again! This was on the bottom swim deck mat.

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
303 has been working for me.

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I used Dawn dishwashing soap and a garden hose which works well. An old toothbrush for hard to clean areas.

Now I just use a power washer - I don't use any chemicals except on stubborn stains...just use a power washer as it can get into the grooves and push the dirt out. I tried it on a suggestion from another user after a nasty day of sludge and weeds got all over the lower swim platform. Mats look like new again, cleaner than using Dawn and a hose. Just be careful to not apply too much pressure too close, and don't spray the edges, spay at an angle across the edges so as not to lift them with the pressure. This fall I'll be pulling out the mats in the cockpit and spraying them gently