• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Cleaning my pickup truck... What to use?

Volffas

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am going to be driving my pick up truck in the local parade tomorrow night. She is a 2007 Ford F-150 FX4. I use it primarily to haul our boat around and to do all the other things that pick up trucks were meant to do. I don't get to clean it near as often as I should.

My question is this; Is there anything that can shine up the fenders around my wheel wells? Below is a picture I took while I was washing the truck tonight. The dark part is wet, the light part is dry/drying. Is there anything that can make these wheel wells look dark/wet again? Or did I just not take good enough care of them?

Thank you in advance for the great answers I know I will get.

tire wheel well.jpg

octavio3311

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
You can spruce them up with Armor All just for the parade.
There's a product called Black Magic that's specifically made for the textured black material like your fender flares. There's probably quite a few similiar products. You can get it at any AutoZone.

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
There also is a product call new bumper or bumper new that is a wipe on product that works really good as well as the black magic mentioned above. Armor All wet look will do a pretty good job as well, for a short term shine.

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have used Meguiars, back to black on my jeep flares and it worked well.

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Any of the Meguiars products that is meant for the black plastic trim. The 303 stuff might be good too.

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
303 will protect the current shade of gray, won't make it blacker...I tried it on my door handles. I love 303 products but it didn't help my situation.
I used the Renew stuff and Meguiars, they both worked good.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I just used Turtle Wax trim restorer on an H2. It looks great as long as you clean the trim with degreaser first. Be careful not to get it on your paint as this stuff dries and will leave greasy marks on the paint. It can be cleaned off but that's an extra step you don't need to take! It is available everywhere.

http://www.turtlewax.com/shop/products/turtle-wax-trim-restorer

Volffas

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks for all of the replies. The old truck shined up nicely for last night's parade!

I ended up getting a bottle of Meguiars.

Glassman

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
For the plastic use Meguiars Ultimate Black Plastic Restorer

http://www.autogeek.net/meguiars-ultimate-black.html?productid=meguiars-ultimate-black&channelid=FROOG&utm_source=CSEs&utm_medium=GoogleProductSearch&utm_campaign=CSE&gclid=CIvPxNKatsACFc9lfgodGjQARw

I used to use the Back to Black, but this stuff is the schizzznit! I just used it on my daughter's F150 that was not cleaned for two years and it went through 2 winters in Illinois! It was a mess, the plastic was a chalky light grey and this stuff turned it black and more importantly, it stayed black! :thumbsup: