• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Cleaning under bunks?

meegwell

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
What is the best/safest method - home method in driveway - for cleaning under the trailer bunks?

This might be a workable option:

Only thing I have found are boats jack stands. Looks like a bit of a pain and scary as shit but people do it.

I would lift trailer on one side 8inches using 2 floor jacks(build a solid base under jacks to get height) then insert boat stands. Like these you might only need 2 ..............you are doing one side at a time and never removing trailer from under the boat.

In my case easy access to ramp I would build and extra TALLER BUNK for trailer and have it ready to bolt to trailer. Launch boat at ramp(let wife take her friends for lunch at local water bar) in parking lot bolt on new taller bunks and reload on trailer and in said parking lot clean what you need to clean..........relaunch remove bunk ...............did I say it an all day love affair just to clean 6 Inches.

Hope this helps a little...........their are hundreds of youtube about bunk replacement without removing boat or trailer at home.

Attachments

• b2b4cd4dabe7335209335c6fd93e1aa7.jpg
    b2b4cd4dabe7335209335c6fd93e1aa7.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 19
Back