• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Cleanout tray installation

Scottie

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I've had my cleanout tray (the big one) removed for a few weeks completing my ballast install. I've run two weekends without it (just to have access in case there was an issue at the new intakes), and now I'm ready to reinstall it. When I pulled it originally, it was heavily siliconed, and at least 50 of the 300 screws were stripped out. I'd like to reinstall it with a good seal, but also be able to get in there easier in the future. I could use weatherstripping and change the screws to nuts/bolts, but that would still take a while to remove, and I'm sure my bilge would be filled with nuts, ha. Anyone have any ideas or done anything like this? I've looked at racing style 1/4 turn fasteners, but I don't think there's enough room, besides the expense. Looking for any thoughts or ideas at all.

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

Scottie

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I think the lip is too thin for those, but that's a good idea. I wonder if the lip would hold up to the installation of nutserts. That might work well. I'm just not sure it would hold up to what's basically a pop rivet install.

capt

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I had the same problem with my clean out ready. I ended up buying slightly larger stainless screws. Worked out great!