• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Clearwater/Egmont Key/Anclote Key

JetSet407

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
A few of us have discussed interest in meeting up the weekend of Sept 23-25 to boat in the Clearwater area. If your interested chime in and lets get something planned. I'm not knowledgeable of the area but wanted to get the ball rolling on this. I'm interested in staying in the area for the weekend. If anyone has Hotel recs that would be helpful. We also need launch times, place and a basic agenda of where we will meet on each day.

@BigJay17 @john94si @Benny Sibbitt @Mystic1906

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I won't be able to join you guys but here are a couple of ramps that I like to use when I'm down there. There are probably ramps north of Clearwater but I personally have no experience with them. I'm also no help with hotels in the area since when I'm down there I stay at my Mom's house which is the house I grew up in.

Clearwater Seminole St ramp located at 263 Seminole St, Clearwater, FL 33755
Bellaire Bluff Ramp located at 3900 W Bay Dr, Clearwater, FL 33756

Even though the Bellaire Bluff ramp is slightly south of your boating location, I find that ramp much easier to drive to than the Seminole St ramp.

Bryan mazanec

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
I always boat out to anclote key. There's a public park at the end of the channel running out to the area. It's in tarpon springs/anclote. I don't recall the price as I only launched there one time to put it boat in the water.

BigJay17

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Also there's ft del Soto I think it's 6 to launch.

Bryan mazanec

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
I looked up anclote river park. 5 bucks to launch there as well.

john94si

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yes i am good for the 25th Sunday only.
*Seminole is a good ramp.
*Anclote park can have some very high currents which can make it hard to dock and launch safely IMO.
*Maximo is nice further south.

Benny Sibbitt

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I good for that weekend

tim h

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Trophy
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I have used Maximo once... it was nice, if your going to Egmont this is the one to use. I believe it was free so you would want to get there EARLY.

I have used Anclote Park several times, @john94si is correct, the current sucks if there is wind blowing also. My boat is big and tall comparatively, and less agile than yours. I wouldn't shy away from Anclote because of the current. Just
plan your approach to the dock accordingly when coming back to the dock. Lots of islands to hang out at; Anclote Island , Anclote Sand Bar, Three Rooker, Caledesi...

I haven't tried Seminole yet.

john94si

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yea we prefer 3 rooker or anclote depending on traffic. We like to find more empty areas so the young kids can play without worrying about other boats in their swim areas.

Bryan mazanec

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Yea we prefer 3 rooker or anclote depending on traffic. We like to find more empty areas so the young kids can play without worrying about other boats in their swim areas.
At the top of anclote there's a channel running between anclote and the sandbar/key. It's a great place to go and have some quiet. The key gets very busy and always lots of loud music.

BigJay17

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am going to egmont key on Sat. Will try to make anclote on Sunday.

john94si

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
So are we on for next Sunday the 25th? Seminole ramp for us

BigJay17

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I will be out there this saturday and sunday. Let me know if u never been there and need directions.

Benny Sibbitt

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I think I might just stay local this weekend.

FYI @JetSet407 found a great hotel in the St Pete area, small hotel about 5 min from John pass in Florida. Hotel has boat slip that is right outside your back door and also has trailer parking. we paid 150. a night. Called snug harbor inn.
IMG_0063.JPG

JetSet407

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Amazing time with perfect weather! Yes Snug Harbor is a win. Tell Jennifer your with Jetboaters.net . Here is a few pictures. Enjoy

1474717648136.jpg IMG_20160925_233108.jpg IMG_20160925_232718.jpg IMG_0036-01.jpeg IMG_20160925_123520.jpg
org_722650b18aa2eb78_1474819805000.jpg

ThatJeepGuy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg We camped at the north sand bar of Anclote. Not much for daytime photos but here is Saturday night. Btw, @tim h what happened to your friends around 11-12:00 that night? We came over to help get them to deeper water but didn't have time to ask questions, lol

Attachments

Mystic1906

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Egmont Key 09.24.2016.jpg Josh at Egmont.jpg

I didn't take too many pics. Waiting on my bday present this weekend to see if I get my GoPro :watching: then I'm gonna go ham on boating pics and videos.