• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Clicking from ecu

Paulie

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hi y’all
I’m asking this for another fellow Yamaha owner. He has a 2005 sx230ho. One engine won’t start. He says there is a noticeable clicking sound from the ecu box behind the motor when he turns the key. The other engine starts fine. I was thinking bad ground, solenoid, or starter. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Start by cleaning all battery connections and starter connectors. If that doesn't work try tapping on starter with a screwdriver handle & then see if it will crank.

Paulie

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Start by cleaning all battery connections and starter connectors. If that doesn't work try tapping on starter with a screwdriver handle & then see if it will crank.
Ok cool. I’ll let him know. Thanks!

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
the starter relay is in the ECU box, I have no idea if it's related to the clicking,

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Paulie i had the same clicking every once in a while at my starboard starter relay in the ecu box. It was annoying if you released the key and tried again a few times it would start. I narrowed it down to the key switch. I swapped the plug with the port key and the problem followed to the port.
Ended up with a new set of key switches. Problem never returned

Btw why didn't you just call me. Lol
Jeannine asked when dinner?

Paulie

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Paulie i had the same clicking every once in a while at my starboard starter relay in the ecu box. It was annoying if you released the key and tried again a few times it would start. I narrowed it down to the key switch. I swapped the plug with the port key and the problem followed to the port.
Ended up with a new set of key switches. Problem never returned

Btw why didn't you just call me. Lol
Jeannine asked when dinner?
Thanks brother! I will pass this along.

FLJetBoater

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I’m experiencing the same thing. I’m going to give a try to switching the switches and see if that helps. It was fine all day then all of a sudden tonight when I go to flush won’t work. It’s like a hollow click. It happened a month ago or so then went away.