• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Clunking noise

Todd Hughes

Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Hi I have A 1997 Sugar Sands 175 sport jet Mirage. I get a miss or clunk ever so offen at low speeds. I just got boat out of shop they put in new power pack and replaced plugs. Boat doesn’t seem to jump out of water like it did before. Could it be the impeller is getting worn. The clunk is quite obvious I don’t recall hearing it before. Thanks for any ideas on what to check. Thanks much.

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome @Todd Hughes glad to have you on board. I don’t have any experience with sugar sands boats. I wish i could give you more specific help. In general, if your engine is reaching its normal rpms but top speed is down, that could be cavitation caused by the impeller/wear ring getting worn or dinged up. I would think that a sluggish hole shot would be engine related (bad carb, fuel filter, spark plugs, clogged air filter) or cavitation. But usually cavitation during a hole shot would feel like a “slipping clutch” in a car.

Anyway, good luck with the diagnosis. Hopefully it’s a simple fix.