• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Co-captain chair swap out

CAM212SS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
We have a 2013 212ss we bought new. Our boat has the dual captain / co-captain chairs. My wife does like the co-captain chair and it worked ok with our daughter during the summer. My daughter was 6 months at the beginning of boating season and my wife just held her in the chair during our outings. Now that my son is due in March, i wanted to make things easier on my wife as far as making sure the kids were safe. Because of this the co-captain chair would never get used on outings by ourselves. Sooooo it took the plunge and ordered the level seat like the 212x has. Same color scheme and all for the 212ss. It will work great and my wife can keep the kids close to her and near the captain. Also we can change it up as the kidos get older and put back the original chair.
I forgot to take a pick of the chair before i took it out, but here are the after picks
IMG_1371.jpg IMG_1372 (1).jpg IMG_1373.jpg IMG_1374.jpg

Attachments

Dhow

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Looks great!!!! What about back rest pad for sitting facing backwards.

CAM212SS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
i might get the back rest later. i got the cushion for 385 shipped fedex from yamaha sports plaza. the back rest is another 130.00 plus shipping. some might think the cushion alone is high, (and it is) but it is worth it to me. We can probably do without the backrest. i guess i will leave that up to the wife since she will be the one on that side. I dont think that she will really need it though... we will see

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Nice...I need to show this to my wife. She thinks we do not need a boat until my son is a little older. He is 16 months now, and she wants to wait until summer 2017....:(

RightStuff

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Nice...I need to show this to my wife. She thinks we do not need a boat until my son is a little older. He is 16 months now, and she wants to wait until summer 2017....:(
If you have a life jacket that fits, they can go boating! :)

The first year is kinda tough (short outings, trying to get naps done on the boat, tons to bring along, etc.), but beyond that they love it. Both of my kids have grown up on boats and were on the boat for their first time before they hit 1 yo. No need to wait, almost better to get them out there earlier so they get use to it!

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
If you have a life jacket that fits, they can go boating! :)

The first year is kinda tough (short outings, trying to get naps done on the boat, tons to bring along, etc.), but beyond that they love it. Both of my kids have grown up on boats and were on the boat for their first time before they hit 1 yo. No need to wait, almost better to get them out there earlier so they get use to it!
I agree 100%. I grew up boating also and some of the best memories I have are from when my sister and I were kids riding on our parents boat.

CAM212SS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
We had our daughter out at 6 months. We had friends with us last year that took there 3 month old out. I think for our new one, depending on if he comes a little early that 3-4 months is old enough. Boating toward the evening when the sun is lower helps it not be too hot as well. our daughter was 17 months in May and loved dipping her feet in the water. Toward the end of the season she would even jump in the water with me catching her. What a great time we had