• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Cobra Steering

Bkmaster1

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'm new to jet boating and when I test drove our new boat, I was a LOT concerned with steering, especially at slow speeds but also responsiveness on plane I found to be an issue. I did a lot of research on different forums and finally settled on the Cobra Jet Steering system. I bought the Super Magnum AK Deluxe with Mega Fang Plus. It was pricey and I was a little concerned with installing it myself but I contacted Jeff @Cobra Jet Steering LLC and he was super helpful. I am here to tell you this mod made a WORLD of difference! It now handles like a dream. I've owned I/O boats before and nothing compares to how this handles. VERY happy I made the purchase and invested the time. I highly encourage you to consider it if you've got newbies trying to handle the steering or just want an easy ride.

Attachments

CokeZero

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I put this kit on my 2019 AR 240 yesterday.
Super Magnum AK-19 DELUXE - Steering w/Cobra AK FANGS
Unloaded the boat minutes ago and this thing handled like a dream! No more back and forth out the no wake while trying to get radio “perfect”! Thank you Jeff!

Mike Cardillo

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Just installed mine this morning. Awesome difference and very easy install. Thanks Jeff!!!

snorch

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Add my 2018 SX195 to the cobra list. I just installed this morning.....we drop in this sat in the am....after 2 years of f bombs and docking do overs we really hope this helps.

20200702_091953.jpg

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Add my 2018 SX195 to the cobra list. I just installed this morning.....we drop in this sat in the am....after 2 years of f bombs and docking do overs we really hope this helps.

View attachment 124652
Prepare yourself for a whole new boat. :)

snorch

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length

3 green tornados

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
Unless there is cross wind, with the no wake mode on at it lowest speed and the Cobra fangs, docking and getting it on the trailer is much easier than it was with my I/O.

Tthor55

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
You can always try to modify t
I'm new to jet boating and when I test drove our new boat, I was a LOT concerned with steering, especially at slow speeds but also responsiveness on plane I found to be an issue. I did a lot of research on different forums and finally settled on the Cobra Jet Steering system. I bought the Super Magnum AK Deluxe with Mega Fang Plus. It was pricey and I was a little concerned with installing it myself but I contacted Jeff @Cobra Jet Steering LLC and he was super helpful. I am here to tell you this mod made a WORLD of difference! It now handles like a dream. I've owned I/O boats before and nothing compares to how this handles. VERY happy I made the purchase and invested the time. I highly encourage you to consider it if you've got newbies trying to handle the steering or just want an easy ride.
hem like
you can always try a mod like this.

Attachments

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Get the Cobra Jet fins and enjoy.