• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Cocoa Beach, Florida

jason08603

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Family had to make a last minute trip to Cocoa, Florida. We brought the boat just in case the weather was nice. Anyone have any suggestions on boat ramps or any local sights to check out? We will be here till Saturday and then head back to Georgia.

Thanks Jason

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I used to spend a lot of time in Cocoa. Worked for a small NASA Contractor and would spend a month at a time there on business. Most work months would be heavily loaded with work for a few days when we got there. Then "babysit" the science for a week or so. Then heavy workload again to get it turned over and launched.

We always went to "Fishlips" over in Port Canaveral. Not the greatest food, but it's where a lot of the contractors hung out. If you go upstairs, turn around and look at the wall behind you. You'll see a TON of mission stickers from all kinds of companies. I've got a couple up there. There are some from Blue Origin, Orbital ATK, and SpaceX as well as a ton of other contractors.
http://fishlipswaterfront.com/

I would also highly suggest Florida Beer Company. Again, not great food, but the beer is made on site and is pretty tasty.
https://www.floridabeer.com/visit-us/

There are a ton of neat little local restaurants and bars around to pass the time in the evenings. Melbourne (a 30 min drive south) has a few neat places as well. I can't remember any of them by name now that I think about it though, just kinda know where they are.

No idea about boat stuff to do though, never got to take mine with me. Although should've considered that a time or two in hindsight.

spatty99

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Fat Kahunas is an excellent little seafood spot.