• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Communication Error, Joystick, NEMEA, and various other errors. 2018 Yamaha 242lse

bobmorrisonnc

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
We were at the sandbar and got caught in heavy rain for about an hour. Midway through the rain a bunch of alarms start going off so I shut the batteries off. When leaving the alarms went off the whole way home. The next morning no more alarms. I search around all the electronic connections I could find looking for water intrusion. To my surprise behind the dash..I found the cup holder drains disconnected allowing water to drip all over various plugs. Not sure how these are supposed to stay connected I do not believe that a simple zip tie like they came would keep them connected. Has anyone ever had this happen and if so how did you reconnect? Thinking some sort of marine adhesive would be best.

Attachments

• IMG_4564.jpg
    IMG_4564.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 10
  • IMG_4565.jpg
    IMG_4565.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 11
Decided hose clamps were the best solution and way better than the zip ties that the boat came with.

Attachments

• IMG_4566.jpg
    IMG_4566.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 8
Back