• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Comparison of FSH190 to scarab

Coltman45

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 Open G
Boat Length
Has anyone every compared the fsh190 to the scarab 195 open. I’m looking at both and wondering what everyone’s input is?! My local dealer cycle springs carries both. Looking to buy one of these boats right after the new year. There just isn’t much out about the scarab.

SgtBFGunner

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Sky Powersports on 19 in Port Richey will give you the Scarab sided story. As I recall, way more expensive, no clean out, but I do like the drop down tailgate. More sporty in my opinion.

Elliott

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
My knowledge about the Scarab 195 is limited. I did compare them them before purchasing the FSH190, but the price difference (Scarab was significantly more expensive) and clean-out port (Scarab does not have one - so you have to swim or pull the boat out to clear debris) made my choice easy. Since then, I did read another potential issue on the Rotax engine forum of this site with using a Scarab in saltwater:
Engine flush/Carbon Seal Issues
Discussion in 'Rotax Engine Topics' started by ScarabMike, Jun 1, 2017.

The above post states that you cannot flush the Rotax engine for more than 2 minutes; the flush water does not reach all of the moving parts. I do not think that a 2 minute flush, even using an additive like Salt-Away or in my case Salt-off, would work well for saltwater use.

I will say the Scarab 195 I saw did look great. The tailgate did not appeal to me, but that is a mater of personal preference.

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Dependability and resale I bought a Yamaha. I love the drop down tailgate on the Scarabs. My Yamaha quad always starts. The time I get to spend on the boat is so little I want it to start and run every time. If I had time to work on it I would buy a used boat, you can buy a nice used boat for half the price of a new Yamaha jet boat.