• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Compass fluid leaked out. Anyone else ever experience this.

Livewire

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I searched and didn’t get any results back of anyone having this happen. I’m anal about things like this, so I went ahead and removed it. I was hoping to just add more fluid, but on the bottom it says it can’t be refilled. Just sharing in case anyone else has this happen in the future.

Compass is a Danforth quest SKU:29-c104EF4AB8AF-FF27-4C92-9D66-CA9271265053.jpeg 45313F12-14E6-469E-8E33-F48FD5DC26A9.jpeg

Livewire

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Thinking about getting the white/blue one. Anyone have a white one mounted? Think it would yellow in the sun?image.jpg

JetPowered

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Yes, mine leaked and failed a few years back but I have never bothered to replace it.

Noko

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You could always drill a hole in the bottom, fill it and plug the hole. I have no idea what the liquid is but its not straight water.

ncnmra

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
It is probably similar to this:

RedBarron55

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Jetcraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Most compasses use Stoddard solvent AKA mineral spirits.
Find the leak, drill a hole, refill, enjoy

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Have you contacted the manufacturer? My friends laugh at me for the free stuff I get, but its been my experience that a friendly US Postage letter outlining the problem and usually how I enjoyed owning their product usually gets a nice letter back and a replacement.