• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Confused, need some guidance

bgood188

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
Recently purchased a used 2018 195 ID. It has 18 hrs on it and dealer said oil, spark plugs and oil filter changed. First time out the boat ran great for the first 10-15 minutes. I stopped turned it off to check the oil. All good until I go to start the boat. It turns over but no fire. Temp is around 190-198. No errors or warnings. Just won’t fire. Turns over. Acts like it’s not getting fuel or spark. sit in the water for 25 minutes and it fires up. Drag it home dump some sea foam in thinking it may be bad gas ( I think it sat for a year or more). Take boat out for 2nd trip exact same thing. Fires up cold with no issues. Once the boat is warm and has been running for a while it just won’t start for like 20 minutes and tonight I get the “check engine light”

anyone see this before?

Justing looking for some ideas as to what could be causing this.

Well, that check engine light usually comes with a code. You really need to get that code.

It sometimes flashes across the screen when you initially get it. But otherwise, it usually lives inside the settings. Each Scarab is different depending on the dash type. Just go through the settings menus while you have the active check engine light.

It sometimes flashes across the screen when you initially get it. But otherwise, it usually lives inside the settings. Each Scarab is different depending on the dash type. Just go through the settings menus while you have the active check engine light.
Thanks, I’ll have to do some more research as the dash/gauges I have no settings or menus to scroll through.

I think starter relay(s) could be your issue too, fairly common to fail.

Last edited:
I think starter relay(s) could be your issue too, fairly common to fail.

No, not the relays. When relays fail, they don't allow the engine to turn over. That's why I didn't mention it. This isn't his problem. But thanks anyways. Many do have that problem.

With temps that high, I would think it would go into overheat alarm. Check the sensors to make sure they are connected. Having a service manual is extremely helpful.

Without an engine scanner, we’re hypothesizing at best. The symptoms point towards a fuel delivery issue, which can be caused by any number of things.
With that said, a few Seadoo boat owners (same engine etc) have reported similar issues, and found the source to be bad engine ground(s). Starts fine when cold, but after shutdown needs to cool off before it will start again. This would be a relatively easy thing to check and fix.
What you are experiencing is not common.
Please help the Scarab community out and let us know what you figure out; whether fault codes or broken parts.

update. Figured out how to get the fault code. Fault code is P0300 which is multiple misfires. check injectors, coils and plugs. I have plugs and coils coming this week. If that does not work I’ll try injectors. Also, pulled the ground off the motor and checked cable and reinstalled with cleaned terminals and cleaned engine block. Added a good dose of dielectric grease. Once I swap coils and plugs i’ll take back to the lake to test.

I'd also consider your gas as another possibility. But sounds like you're going to figure this out eventually. Good luck!

Back