• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Spark issue

BLDave

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
I’m trying to start the boat it turns over good. I pulled the plugs and found I’m getting spark for only a couple seconds then have no spark and the engine won’t start. What could the issue be CDI coils, or stator?

David Martin

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Common problem on most no starts................simple would be a bad ground not making good contact..........service manual has testing procedures for bad grounds and failed parts like the Pick up coil ect.........You will need a volt meter and one with an ohm meter even better most are in the 10 to 20 buck range.

Hope this helps a little

Marvin willis

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What boat? I had to replace the ecm on my old 05 ar230. Good think about two motors is u can switch parts around to find the bad part.